Friday, March 16, 2012

Week 3

Well, I have officially stuck with the c25k program longer this time around than I did last time!  I'm super proud of that, and determined to stick it out to the end.  I started week 3 today, which means two repetitions of jogging for 90 seconds, walking for 90 seconds, jogging for 3 minutes, and walking for 3 minutes. I was able to jog for the first 3 minutes, but the second time I was getting sore legs again, so I only ran for 90 seconds :(  I'm super proud that I was able to get through the first 3 minutes, though! I'm anxious to try it again on Sunday and see if I can do both 3 minute jogs. 

After the gym, I went across the street and got some coffee and a bagel.  I love that the coffee shop is right by the gym.  I couldn't believe how foggy it is outside today, though! It was a big foggy last night on my way home from work, but today its so foggy we can't even see across the lake from us.  Which is fine with me, because apparently there were coyotes on there last night!  I didn't even know we had coyotes! 

I'm kind of excited, because I think we are going to be getting a free membership to the YMCA! Right now we go to Snap Fitness, which I like a lot because it's open 24 hours, but I haven't been using the late night option as much lately, because of my work schedule.  We pay about $50 a month, and our gym only has weight and cardio equipment.  With this free YMCA membership, we'd not only be saving money, but I'd have access to classes, and a pool, and all kinds of other things.  I'm super excited!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for sticking with C25K! I did the whole thing last year and am now doing it again (I had some health issues last fall and had to quit running for a while). Here's my advice: if things start getting hard, just stay at the week/day you are at until you can do it successfully before moving on. Last year, I think I spent 3 weeks in week 4!

    ReplyDelete