Sunday, February 24, 2013

Princess Half Marathon

First off, I want to say a HUGE congratulations to those of you that ran the magical 13.1 Miles this morning!!!  It's a HUGE accomplishment and you should all be so proud of yourselves!!!!

I just wanted to write a little note about how all I've been able to think about the past few days is the half marathon, and just how badly I want to run it.  I thought I would be fine not running it this year, but the truth is, I'm really kind of sad that I didn't run it.  Seeing pictures from the expo, and hearing how much fun everyone is having, and seeing pictures of the fireworks this morning from when the race first started are pulling at my heartstrings.  I wanted to be there SO badly.  I knew I wasn't ready, which was my own fault. I could have been ready.  I just didn't push myself hard enough.  And I'm not sure I'll be able to run it next year, either.  I'll be pregnant all through the summer, and won't be able to even start training again until September.  And I really don't think that's enough time.  I am determined, however, to run it in 2015!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen! I hope my post didn't make you sad! It was wonderful but you have something infinitely more wonderful growing inside you. I have three babies and am just now getting to start running. Lord willing, life is long and you will have so many opportunities over the years. ENJOY each one. Hugs girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is Bethi from disneymommi.com but I am blogging on a new site now — http://www.g0ss.com (P.S.) The 0 in g0ss is actually a zero... just wanted you to find me!!!

    ReplyDelete