Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm a slacker.

I haven't been writing lately. And there is a reason for that.

I have sort of fallen off the train.  Last week, I was in this depressed funk (turns out, I started my period last week, so I'm sure that was part of it). This week, both my husband and I are off work.  When you're married to a chef, it's hard to eat healthy when you're constantly going to restaurants that he has been hearing about/reading about/missing because he works a lot. 

I also haven't been going to the gym.  I don't really have an excuse for this.  Last week I just didn't feel like it (I think again, due to my period). I am determined to go this week, though.  I have a week off, there really is no reason I can't go.  I think my biggest problem is that I don't have much of a support system.  My husband supports me - he just doesn't like to eat healthy, or go to the gym.  I don't have many friends to go to the gym with. So I'm doing this alone.  Luckily I have the support of my online friends, but they can't go to the gym with me.  So I don't really have someone to push me to do it. 

I am 100% planning on doing a 5K in May.  It's a great cause (Girls on the Run, I used to volunteer for them when I was in High School, and I absolutely could have used a program like this when I was young) and I want to show people that I can do it.  I want to show myself that I can do it.

In other news, my husband and I will both have to work on Valentines day, so we're going to celebrate tomorrow, by going to Chicago to a restaurant called Moto.  Two of the chefs of that restaurant were on Top Chef. It's a restaurant that Cody has been wanting to go to for a long time, and he's super excited about it.  I'll make sure to post pictures of all the yummy food we get to try during this 15 course meal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment