Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trying again.

I kinda blew it this week.

Last Tuesday, Cody and I went to the YMCA and signed up, since Cody's work is giving us a free membership!  It's gonna be so great to be able to work out, and then go swimming, or play basketball - AND this is more likely to get Cody to go to the gym with me, because he doesn't really enjoy using the treadmill, or just lifting weights, but he will go to play basketball!  Plus I'm super excited to join in on some classes. They have a Saturday morning Zumba class that I may have to try!

We went on Wednesday, and I tried out their treadmills (they're different than the ones at our current gym) and Cody lifted weights, and then we played basketball until another class came in and needed the gym.  It was fun, and I'm glad that I got Cody to come with!

But we haven't been back since. 

I don't really have any excuses, except that we've been busy with House stuff.  (Oh yeah, if I didn't mention, we bought a house! YAY! I'll go into more detail about the house, once we close and have full access to it).  We've had meetings with the insurance company, and the real estate company, we had the house inspection.  All of our free time, that we would normally spend at the gym, has been spent on something with the house. 

I was afraid that this week, going back to the gym would be hard after taking a week off. Surprisingly, it wasn't. It was actually the opposite. Since Cody had to work early yesterday, I just went to my regular gym (mostly so I could go and cancel, but it's just closer and easier to go to this one).  I was able to do Week 3 just fine!  I ran both 3 minute sets, and had really no problem with it.  Week 4 has me running for 5 minutes, and I'm not sure that I can do that yet.  I'm nervous about it, because I know it's going to be super hard.  But I'm never gonna be able to run a half marathon, if I can't learn to run for 5 minutes!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't sweat your break from the gym too much. Sometimes life just happens and you have to deal with it. But, congrats on the house and good for you for not letting a few days away from the gym turn into a few weeks or months away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! We have a lot in common :) I want to lose a total of 100 lbs and want to run the Princess Half in 2013 too. I am also on week 5 of the C25K plan. Congrats on your house! Like Melinda says sometimes life just gets in the way. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the comment on my blog (www.goaloflosing.com). I really appreciated you stopping by!

    I've given C25K W1D4 two shots so far, and I refuse to let this beat me. I have heard a lot of feedback saying that this was a hard week for EVERYONE! So, with that being said, let's both try and try and try until we beat this week!!! We can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zumba is so much fun...you should definitely check out the Saturday class!

    And congrats on the house!!

    ReplyDelete