Sunday, August 16, 2015

Lifestyle Change

Why does weight loss have to be so hard?

 When I was pregnant, I ate what I wanted, because being pregnant apparently means you have a free pass, right? (no, not right....I learned that the hard way!) Then, after Elliot was born, and I was breastfeeding, I was afraid to change my diet at all, because I was afraid that a calorie change would mess with my milk supply, and I struggled with that enough.

Now that I'm no longer nursing, and I'm not pregnant, I really need to get my act together and lose some weight before I get pregnant again.  I started going to the gym 2-3x a week and tried cleaning up my diet last october. I figured by now, almost a year later, I'd have lost a good amount of weight, and we'd be ready to start trying to get pregnant again.

Nope. Not the case.

I honestly figured that I would easily lose 10 pounds or so, just because I wasn't going to Burger King 3 times a week, and I wasn't having ice cream for a snack every night before bed.  But for some reason, I stayed about the same. I got blood work drawn, to see if there was an underlying issue, and there wasn't. So, I apparently am just not working hard enough.

Cody and I have decided to really overhaul our eating.  We have started buying new vegetables. We're not eating any carbs or starches with our meals. Only eating whole wheat breads, when we do eat bread (which isn't often). We are making food at home a lot more. We eat a big salad before each meal. Now, if I can get my water drinking under control, I think I might be able to really lose some of this weight.  I have about 2 months before we are really going to start thinking about getting pregnant, and I'd love to lose 20lbs by then.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment