Thursday, August 20, 2015

New Neighborhood and Change of Plans

Tonight we got invited to our first ever neighborhood picnic.  It was a small gathering of all the people on our street.  We had hot dogs and hamburgers, everyone brought a dish to pass, there was door prizes. It was so much fun!  We lived in our last neighborhood for 3 years, and we only knew the lady that lived across the street, and that's because we bought our house from her.  Just about everyone who lives on our street has lived there for 15+ years.  I can't even tell you how comforted that makes me.  I love that people feel like our neighborhood is safe and comfortable enough to stay here for many, many years.  I love the feeling that we picked a great, safe, friendly neighborhood to raise our family in.  Tonight was a good night. :)

I did have a change of plans today, though.  Our sitter was coming this morning so I could go to the gym, but I ended up having a bunch of errands to run instead.  I hated skipping the gym, and normally I would just say "oh well, I'll go tomorrow".  But, because I am trying to work out more, I knew that by skipping the gym this morning, I'd have to do an at home workout.  So, when I got home and got Elliot down for her nap, I did a workout video. I had done the 30 Day Shred on Tuesday, but decided today to switch it up and do the sculpt and build workout from one of my Biggest Loser DVDs.  It was a good work out, and I'm sore, which is always a good thing!

I am going to the gym again tomorrow, and taking Saturday off.  I will be visiting my Mother in law up at the campground that she camps at during the summer on Saturday, so hopefully I can get a good walk in!

No comments:

Post a Comment