Wednesday, April 15, 2015

"Cheat Days"

Cody has been off the last two days.  

This really only means one thing.

Cheat Days.

My goal was to go 7 days without having a cheat day. I didn't want to eat great for 2-3 days, have a cheat day, and then try to get back on track. When Cody is home, my days aren't planned out as well.  Ellie and I have a routine, but on Cody's days off, it throws everything off.  And we tend to eat out a lot when he is home.  

Yesterday, Cody had to travel for work in the morning, and didn't get home until about 2pm.  So breakfast and lunch were great and we stuck to our normal routine.  When he got home, we decided to go out to eat.  We got mexican, and even though I ordered a salad, I ended up eating chips and salsa too and went over my calories.  Today, we had to bring Ellie to the doctor, and then we had our home inspection all afternoon on the new house.  So we weren't home and I didn't plan to bring any good foods to eat.  We had applebees for dinner, and I thought that by ordering a salad, I was doing a good thing.  And it would have been, but then I had breadsticks and soup.  And then Cody wanted to get ice cream.  

Side Note: I know that ice cream places think that you're doing you a favor by giving you an extra large amount of ice cream...but I ordered a small cone today and I was given basically a gallon of ice cream on a waffle cone.  Thank goodness I found some self control and ate about 1/2 cup of it and threw the rest away.  

I guess what this whole post is about is how hard it is to eat healthy when you get thrown out of your routine.  And how important planning is.  We will be doing a lot of running around the next few weeks on Cody's days off, trying to get stuff ready to move.  I need to figure out how to plan out my meals and snacks for when we're on the go, 

How do you keep yourself in check when you're out and about, or when your plans change?

No comments:

Post a Comment