Friday, April 10, 2015

Grocery Shopping...and good news!

Why do groceries have to be so expensive?

Back when I wasn't being very careful with what I was eating, I could buy groceries for the week for under $100.  I could buy 5 boxes of mac and cheese for lunches, a box of cereal would give me breakfast for the week, I'd get a couple of pounds of ground beef for dinners and we'd be good for the week.  I know that eating healthy is better for me, but I won't lie, I miss the simplicity of grocery shopping back then.

Grocery shopping now not only means having to spend more money, but I also have to be more careful of what I'm buying.  Being a Stay at Home Mom means I am home for every meal, unlike when I was working and I'd be at the restaurant during at least one meal.  I also have to make sure that I'm getting healthy foods for Ellie.  She will usually eat what we eat, but sometimes I have to make small adjustments to it to make it easier for her to eat, since she only has 8 teeth.  Mostly, my shopping trips revolve around trying to make sure that I am getting a large variety of healthy foods that we all like.

So, we got some good news today.....

Our offer was accepted on the house!!!

We are so excited to be moving to a new house with much more space!!  We have a lot to do in the next few weeks, including a garage sale to purge some of the extra crap we've acquired, picking out paint and new carpet, hopefully buying some new furniture.....I can't wait!!  I also am so excited to redesign Ellie's room into a big girl room, and not so much of a nursery anymore.

Pinterest has become my new best friend! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! I did a foodie pen pals with you a couple of years ago, and haven't checked up on your blog lately - how FUN that you have a daughter, congratulations! And I agree, our grocery budget for a family of 5 went from $150 or so to $225 a week when we switched to a whole foods diet. OUCH! But it is worth it for your body, your energy, and especially, your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's been a fun couple of years, that's for sure! :)

      Yes, it's really sad that it costs so much to buy the stuff that really nourishes our body. If more people were to buy the good for you foods, and less of the processed crap, I'm sure prices would be better....but, due to the high prices, many people can't afford to eat a clean, healthy diet! It's really a problem in America, one that I hope is on the road to recovery! :)

      Delete