Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm Back! (and hopefully for good this time!)

I'm HOPING that I get to keep my computer this time....I've had it turned on for about an hour, and so far so good, so I'm thinking we're good to go.  :)

The last two days have been pretty good.  I've decided during the last week and a half that I've had off from work, that I could very easily be a stay-at-home-wife/mom.  Monday was spent hanging out with Cody, which I love.  I think I could spend every day just being with him, and I'd be a happy girl.  Anyway, we didn't do much, and I tried to do good, but we went to this delicious Thai restaurant.  I had Pad Thai, which I guess isn't nearly as bad as some of the options I could have picked, but I'm sure it wasn't the best, either. Still, it was yummy, and I enjoyed the time spent with my husband.

Tuesday I really had nothing planned.  Cody had to work all day, so I hung out for a bit after he left and had some breakfast. I just bought some chia seeds that I was dying to try, so I made some yogurt and granola, and mixed in the chia seeds.  I really couldn't taste them, to be honest.  I know they're good for you, so I'll keep putting them in random things, especially since so far, I don't think they change the taste of the foods.

I went to the farmers market later in the morning, and got some yummy veggies.  My mom has been getting some amazing tomatoes from the farmers market in her city, so I went to the one here, and tried to find some.  I probably bought 20 tomatoes, trying to find the ones she had.  I didn't find any as good as hers, but boy are they yummy! I also bought some broccoli, green beans, corn on the cob, and heirloom tomatoes for Cody.  When I got home, I had a few tomatoes just sliced with a little salt and pepper, and then made a wrap with lots of tomatoes.

I went to the gym, and was excited to do my run.  I'm moving onto another week of the c210k program, and this week is this:  5 minute warm up, followed by 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk, then repeat.  I was able to get about halfway through the the first 5 minute run before I had to slow down, and ended up walking the rest.  Every since the color run on Sunday, my ankles/calves/shins have been bothering me.  They hurt, basically from my ankle to my knee.  They get all cramped when I'm walking, and then they ache for about 2 hours after.  I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but it went away, so I didn't worry too much about it.

This morning, I had to drive to a city near Detroit to go to the home office of the restaurant I'm going to be working at, to fill out my paperwork.  I had to fill out insurance papers, tax forms, etc.  Basically, a 6 hour journey round trip, for about an hour and a half worth of paperwork.

Since I'm not a good planner, I didn't plan on what to eat today, so I had McDonalds for breakfast, and lunch.  And I didn't make very good choices.  :(  Which means, today I'm going to be going over my calories.  I need to make sure to be under the rest of the week if I'm going to have any sort of loss!

At the gym today, the same thing happened with my ankles.  I was able to make it through the 5 minute run (I had to walk for 30 seconds of it, though), but after the 2.5 walk, when it was time to run again, my ankles were hurting so bad, that I had to stop.  I don't know what is going on, but I don't want it to stop me from doing my runs!  I'm thinking I'm going to have to do the elliptical for a while, to let my ankles heal.  I did some weights today, but there were a lot of people on the weights and I just seemed to be in their way, so I only got about 15 minutes of weights in.

I'm hoping to find something good, filling, and low cal for dinner tonight, since right at this moment, without dinner, I only have 46 calories to use.  Tomorrow, Cody is off again, and it's supposed to be nice and cool outside, so I might try to do my run outside tomorrow!

Oh, and before I forget, here's a couple of pictures from the color run on Sunday!

Us girls before the race...nice and clean!
And after the race! (Sorry it's kinda blurry!)

2 comments:

  1. The race looked like FUN! Sorry to hear about your ankles though. Are you wearing compression socks? I have them but have never used them. My mom runs in them every time and swears they help. Hang in there & great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running seems to get my knees or ankles hurting too. I stopped running as much now. Lately I've just been using the elliptical machine or I speed walk. Why must getting in shape be so hard? :/

    Every weekend I go to the farmers market as well. It's the only way i'll eat my vegetables. ;)

    Don't worry. You may have lost a reader but now you've just received another. *me* Thank goodness for my Google Reader. With all these inspirational weight loss blogs, it gets hard trying to keep up with them all. :)

    ReplyDelete