Monday, August 27, 2012

Kind of a Sad Post

I have been putting off writing this post, because I am still not sure I've made the right decision.  I've thought long and hard about it, and while I'm not necessarily excited about the decision, at the moment it's what I feel I have to do.

I've decided not to run the Princess Half Marathon this year.

I know I've talked in the past about how I may not do it, and you all have been so incredibly uplifting, and I am so thankful for that.  I don't want you to think that this means I'm going to stop running.  Because I'm not.  I actually miss running, and can't wait to get started again. 

Starting this new job has been emotionally and physically draining on me.  It's been a bit overwhelming at times, but so far I'm liking it.  I have another 6 weeks or so of training, and in my first 2 weeks of training, I haven't been go the gym once.  My schedule is so weird, and with a two hour round trip commute, my days are 12+ hours.  And when I am off of work, I want to sleep, or clean, or hang out with my husband. 

I know this probably sounds like a bunch of excuses, and it probably is, but I honestly feel like I don't have the time, or possibly the dedication it takes right now to train for the half.  My schedule will be changing again in October, so even if I were to get on a training program now, I'd have to start all over again once my training is done.  I just don't think I would be ready in time. 

I hope I don't lose any readers because of this decision, and I hope I haven't let any of you down.  I am so excited to hear about all of your experiences, and I can't wait until 2014, because I have every intention on running that year.

Thank you all for being so incredibly supportive, and I hope you all stick around because I love having you all here! :)

4 comments:

  1. We all love you Karen! Of course we'll keep reading!!! You have to do what's best for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok!! :) You have to do what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get there one day. I just made the decision to downgrade from my first ever full marathon to what will now be my third half marathon. It wasn't an easy decision but you have to do what is best for you. There Princess Half will still be there next year and you will have plenty of time to look forward to it and prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I could have written this myself. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete