Saturday, August 25, 2012

So.Tired.

Whew, what a crazy week it's been.

I'm into week 2 (almost week 3) of my training.  It's going pretty good. I have been working in the kitchen, which I'm really not okay with, but I have no choice.  As a manager, you have to know how to do every position in the restaurant, so I have to learn how to cook.  I am getting through it, but I can't wait until I'm done with all of that, and am training in the dining room.  The early mornings are killing me though, and another reason I can't wait for the kitchen training to be over is because I will get to work some nights. 

On Wednesday morning at work, I got a text from my dad saying my Aunt Rose had passed away.  She was actually my dads aunt.  We weren't super close with her, but we saw her about once a year or so, because she lived in Chicago.  We had gone to see her in November for her birthday, and we knew that she wasn't doing great then.  The last few weeks, her health had gotten worse, and we knew that her passing was on its way.  The visitation was scheduled for Friday, and the funeral scheduled for this morning.  My boss understood and said let me leave work early Friday so I could make the 3 hour drive to chicago to make it to the visitation, and also let me off of work today for the funeral.  It was great to see my whole family together, but it sucks that it had to be under such crappy circumstances.

Sorry this is kind of short and choppy, but it's been a long, and emotional few days, so I'm off to bed.  Hope you all are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment