Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Okay, so Im so sorry I've been gone for so long. My computer is giving me so much trouble.  I was finally able to bring it home today, but of course, it's still broken, and the guy who fixed it isn't in until tomorrow morning, so now I have to go another night without a computer. 

I want to let you guys know a bit about what's been going on this week, so hopefully my computer holds out long enough for me to type it all out!

So last Monday was weigh in day.  I hadn't worked out the prior week much, but I did do my best to watch my calories and hardly went over.  I was hoping for a decent loss, since my losses have been so small.  And it turns out, I gained .2.  I know that's not much, but when you want a good loss, any gain is a huge gain.  I was so, so disappointed.  I wasn't prepared for a gain. 

So, because I knew I had a busy week coming up, I decided to take the week off of counting calories.  I knew I had a lot going on, and I was just so mad that my hard work wasn't paying off.  I wasn't giving up, I was just taking a week off. 

Monday and Tuesday were our days off, and we spent them hanging out, not really doing much.  It was nice to have some time to just relax, and not worry about doing anything special.  We did go out to dinner with my parents on Tuesday night, to celebrate my birthday, and we went to a Japanese Steak House.  So good, too much food, but it was delicious. 

Wednesday was my birthday. I turned 28, ugh. I don't know when I got so old!  Cody had to work all day, so I went to the Zoo with some of the girls I worked with at my old job (my last day was Sunday).  We had a great time, and then spent the afternoon shopping, before going to dinner at Cody's restaurant.  I had a good time.  My mom got me a Garmin for my birthday! I will post a picture of it soon, it's so pretty.  It's just a basic one, not one with a GPS or anything, but it's a HRM and it will track my workouts. I'm so excited to use it! 

Thursday, I got hired into my new job!  I'm working as a restaurant manager, at a restaurant I worked at a few years ago, which is also the one that I met Cody at.  I'm so excited, but I'm extremely nervous.  It's such a good thing for us though, because my pay checks will be just over double what I was making at my old job, plus I will get paid vacation time, and great insurance.  All good things!  I have to go to Detroit this Wednesday to fill out some paperwork and stuff, and then hopefully I'll be starting the week of the 13th.  I didn't work at all last week, and it looks like I'll be having all this week off too.  It's a great little vacation before I start my new job where I'll be working my butt off!

Friday I went downtown in my city to hang out with my sister and my friend Kaysha.  In my city, we have this huge festival that happens each year at the end of July/beginning of August.  It's a week long, and there's a carnival, and lots of activities.  There's also a race, which I wanted to run but never got around to signing up for (but I plan on doing it next year for sure!).  So Friday night, we went downtown, and walked around the carnival, ate some carnival food (not too much though!) and had some drinks at a local brewery.  It was a lot of fun, but I got home late, and had to get up early the next morning, so I knew I wouldn't get much sleep. 

Saturday is the big day of the festival.  There's a huge parade in the morning, and then fireworks at night.  When I was in High School, and even a few years after, I was actually in the parade.  I did Color Guard with the Marching Band for 2 years, and then I taught for a few years too.  After that, I was either living in Florida, or working, so I haven't been to the parade in a few years.  It was super fun, and I got a pretty good sunburn, but I had a good time.  That night, I went to the fireworks with my family.  I love the fireworks, but it was raining, and I knew, again, that I'd have to wake up early, so I didn't enjoy them as much as I wanted to. 

Sunday was The Color Run!  Oh man, such a great time.  The race started at 8am, so it was an early morning.  My friends came from Chicago and they were staying in Grand Rapids, where the race was, and I live about 45 minutes away from the city, so I got up at abut 5am, so that I could drive the 20 minutes from my house to my parents house to get my sister, and then head to Grand Rapids to pick up my sisters friend, and then to the hotel to pick up my friends and then head to the race.  There was about 10,000 people at the race, so it was super crowded.  We went right to the starting line, and waited for our turn to start.  I was hoping to run as much of it as I could, but my friend Sarah who was with us has a very low iron deficiency, and that makes her legs cramp up bad, so as soon as she started to run, she cramped up and had to walk.  Since we signed up as a team, we weren't going to let her walk the whole thing alone, so we all walked with her.  It was sooooo much fun.  It's fun to just not care about getting messy, and be able to have a few moments of carefree fun.  At the end of the run, everyone gets in a big group and at the same time, we all threw our color packets in the air.  If you didn't get much color on you during the race, you got a ton on you during the throw at the end!  It was so fun.  After that, we spent a good part o the day hanging out with my friends from Chicago, and then I spent the rest of the day taking a nap, since I'd gotten about 3 hours of sleep Saturday night.

So there you have it!  That's been my crazy week! I am back on track now, counting calories, and working hard at watching my sodium, since I think that's what caused my weight loss.  I ate a lot of things with high sodium at my last job, so I think that might have been part of the issue. 

I hope everyone is having a great week!  My next post (tomorrow, when I get the computer back, again) I'll add some pictures from the week, and then also post my Foodie Pen Pal Reveal post!

1 comment: