Friday, August 17, 2012

My new job!

Sorry I haven't been around much! I haven't had time to do much of anything, besides work, eat, and sleep.  I started my new job on Tuesday!  It is fun, stressful, long, tiring, and great all at the same time.  I was super nervous about it, and it's super hard to explain but it's just as tough, yet not quite as hard as I would have thought. 

I don't know if I've said this yet, but my new job is managing at Red Robin.  I worked at a Red Robin for 3 years back about 3 years ago.  It's actually where I met Cody.  I ended up leaving, because I thought I wanted to work in banquets, but I did that and it wasn't nearly as fun as I had hoped, and I really missed being in a real restaurant.  I'm glad it all worked out that I was able to get this job, because now that I've been back working in a real restaurant, I realize how much I missed it!

This week is the beginning of our kitchen training.  The training program is supposed to be about 8-10 weeks.  The first 3 weeks are mostly kitchen training.  Which really, really sucks for me, because I HATE being in the kitchen.  I had to take a few cooking labs in college, and I really struggled to get through them.  I love being in the dining room of a restaurant, but the kitchen just isn't a place that I'm comfortable.  I'm lucky, because I remember a lot of the food from when I worked there before, so it's not hard for me to remember the recipes.  I'm just not comfortable back there, and I get nervous when it starts to get busy.  I can't wait until my time in the kitchen is over!  Each of our shifts are about 10 hours long, so I work from 7am until 5pm, or 9:30 to 7:30.  I come home, relax, and eat dinner, then I head to bed and do it again the next day.  The restaurant that I'm training at is about an hour away, so if I work at 7, I have to leave by 6, which means I'm up by 5am.  On Monday, I have to be there at 5am, so I have to wake up at 3am! ugh! 

Just as I thought, I wouldn't want to do a whole lot of working out this week.  I'm hoping that next week, I'll be able to force myself to go to the gym. I have to admit, I haven't been eating so great either, but they have been encouraging us to eat some of the food we're making. I have a plan that next week, I will be eating all healthy foods, and not as much crap.  I won't make my goals by eating like I'm eating now! 

Well, I'm off to bed. I have this Sunday off, and then I don't have another day off until next Sunday.  I need to try to get in as much sleep as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment