Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Quick Week Recap

Okay, so as I said, my dog ate my computer charger last week, and we finally got it so now I am back in the online world.

I've had a pretty dull week, honestly.  Nothing exciting. I made it to the gym twice last week.  Instead of running,I did the elliptical.  30 minutes both times.  It was pretty easy.  I need to go back again.  Katie from Runs for Cookies posted a running plan, that feels like it may be more my style.  She said that when she started running, she tried to do the c25k plan, and it was too hard.  I almost think that the reason I'm not having luck with it is 1)I'm lazy and find every excuse in the book not to run, and 2)I get to week 5 or 6, it doesn't ever really seem to get easier, and I quit.  She said that she did this "her way".  It starts out by literally only running for 30 seconds, and then walking for 29:30, for a total of 30 minutes.  The next day is running for 1 minute, then walking for 29 minutes.  It increases just a little bit each time, slowly.  Here is the plan:

I am thinking about starting tomorrow morning, but I do have a lot to do for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I have to work tomorrow night, so I have to get a lot of stuff ready to go, since we are hosting Thanksgiving Dinner at our house this year.  I'm nervous, because we don't really have a lot of space, but we're going to make it work.  We have lots of wine and liquor, so maybe everyone will get drunk and forget about the lack of space.  :)

I haven't gotten to see too much of Cody lately.  The owner of the restaurant he works at is opening a new restaurant, and Cody is now like a "regional manager", where he oversees both restaurants.  They are hoping to open next week, so he has been working like crazy to get the place ready.  He's written the entire menu, picked out all the serviceware, hired everyone....he's basically done everything except for the decorating.  I'm so proud of him, but new restaurant opens are so stressful, he's been putting in so much work, and I haven't gotten to see him much.  I'm so thankful that he has Thanksgiving off, so we can all be together!  

I'm a little bit stressed out about my job as well.  We currently have 4 managers at my restaurant.  The GM (who has been with the company for a long time, but was transferred to my restaurant around the same time I got hired), one manager who has only been with the company for about a year (and I can't stand him, he's not great at his job, he messes up counting money and someday I'm afraid I'm gonna get in trouble for one of his mistakes), a manager who has been with the company, and at my restaurant for 5 years, and me.  Well, we got the news that the GM is going to be going back to the restaurant he came from, and we're getting a new GM.  I guess this GM has been with the company for a while, but he worked at a corporate restaurant, where my store is a franchise.  I love my GM, and I'm nervous that he's leaving.  Also, the manager who has been at my store for 5 years is leaving as well, and we are getting a new girl.  I know this girl, because she is a bartender/server at the restaurant I trained at, and I like her a lot, but I'm nervous because she's brand new, just like me.  With a new GM, a new manager, the manager I hate, and me, I can't say that I'm excited.  I am new to the whole restaurant manager thing, and I still need a lot of development, and I am fairly sure that there isn't a whole lot that two of them will be able to help me with.  The GM, because of how long he's been with the company, he might be able to help develop my skills, but I don't know for sure.  I guess all I can do is wait and see and hope that things go well!

Well it's bedtime for me, so I will keep you all updated on when I start the Runs for Cookies running plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment