Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am an embarassment.....

So, I am beginning to hit the gym again.  Now, I really don't hate the gym. I admit, it is hard to get going, but I don't hate being there once I'm there.  I find it nice to be able to listen to my music, and get some time to think.  So today is my second day going to the gym, and I think the gym was getting back at me for not going. 

When I first got there, I realized that I had forgotten my keycard.  I had to talk to the lady about why I was there without it, and then they couldn't find me in the system.  The reason they couldn't find me is because my name is changed.  After having to show her my new license and her looking into it a bit more, they finally found me. 

So, I take my ipod, my water, and myself to the treadmill.  I start walking, listening to my ipod, and life is good.  I try turning the volume up after about 15 minutes, before realizing that my ipod is not only playing music through my headphones, but also through the speaker in the back.  So, the entire gym was hearing what I was listening to.  Normally I'd say "great, they get to hear good music!".  Nooooot this time.  My playlist included the musical geniuses of Willow Smith, Nick Carter, and other just as embarassing artists.  I'm sure everyone in the gym thinks I have the taste of a 13 year old.

So, once I figured out my ipod issue, I decide to move over to the elliptical.  Elliptical is going great, until I take a drink of water. I squeeze my water bottle, and next thing I know, I have water all down the front of my shirt.  Perfect.  Not only am I a 13 year old girl with bad musical tastes, now I am the fat girl in the wet tshirt contest.

I tried to fix my water bottle, because at this point I'm sweating like a pig and I need some H20.  Because I stopped paying attention to what I was doing, and instead was trying to fix my water bottle, I FELL OFF THE ELLIPTICAL.

SERIOUSLY?!

I got back on, with a major ego bruise, and finished my workout.  I think that today, I was not meant to work out.

In better news, tonight my husband is putting on a Wine Dinner at his restaurant.  It's actually a Wine vs. Beer dinner.  I am SO proud of him.  I am proud of what he does every day, because I have heard nothing but amazing things about his cooking, and how he runs the restaurant, but I get a big boost of pride when I see him put on a big dinner like this, showing off his skills beyond the set menu that the restaurant has.  There are 50 people signed up for tonight, which is more than he has had at a wine dinner since he left his other job years ago.  He's incredibly nervous, but I have so much faith in him, it's ridiculous.  I will post pictures of all his delicious food tomorrow.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Never be ashamed of your music! =) Even if it is playing over the loudspeaker LOL. Everyone there was secretly grooving to it and disappointed when it stopped. You know they were.

    ReplyDelete