Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 1 of C25K - done.

I am all finished with week 1! yay me!

I have decided, however, that I'm gonna do at least one more day of week one.  While it's a tiny bit easier, it's still difficult and I'd like to wait until I'm more comfortable with running for 60 seconds before I begin my 90 second runs.  My cousin suggested that I run the 5K in may with her for Girls on the Run.  So I'm hoping to make that my goal.  I hope by April, I'll be able to run 5k on the treadmill and start working on running it outside.  I've heard SO much that it's harder to run outside than it is on the treadmill.  Because on the treadmill, every step is the same.  Outside, the ground is so uneven that each step is different.  So hopefully by may, I'll be ready to kick some 5k butt!

My husband and I have had the last 2 days off together.  It was nice yesterday to spend the day just hanging out at home with him.  We're pretty busy people, and we like to do as much as we can on our days off.  So it was relaxing to just hang out at home with our puppy.  Today, we are hanging out at home for a bit today (I went to the gym this morning and got that out of the way), before we are meeting up with my brother in law and sister in law for dinner and a hockey game.  This will be husbands first hockey game of the season, so we're both pretty excited. :)  I'm saving some calories for a beer at the game, too! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! One of my goals is to run a 5k... reading this is reminding me that I need to get back into working out and working on that! Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through other running blogs I follow and am enjoying reading about your journey! (and am sooo jealous that you're married to a chef, haha!)

    My two cents: running outside is so much better! And when you're outside, there's more to distract you from the actual running...which is boring, let's be honest. If you train up to a 5k w/ just a treadmill, you rock!

    ReplyDelete