Monday, January 9, 2012

Money Woes.

This past June, I finished my program at school, and I now officially have a Bachelors Degree in Food and Beverage Management.  I had always assumed that after graduation, I would really have no problem finding a job.  Now, I find myself working at a job I am not fond of, making minimum wage, and I need to get out. 

Let me pause by stating that Cody, because of his job and the people that he works for, he knows someone at just about every independent restaurant in the area, and most of the corporate restaurants, and he doesn't really have nice things to say about 90% of them.  Because of this, everytime I suggest applying somewhere, he says "no, the people that own that place are douche bags" or "ehh, that place is kind of shady".  This makes it particularly hard to find a job.

I recently had the opportunity to return to my job at the golf club.  I loved my job, but hated the people I worked for.  I left with another opportunity on my place, but that didn't work out, and now here I am, at Tim Hortons, and I am ready to get the f*ck out.  I just wish Cody and I could open a place together!

Last night was Cody's work party.  We had so much fun, I am so glad I went.  I met a lot of his employees that I hadn't met before, and got to hang out with a lot of the girls that I really like.  Woke up with a bit of a headache this morning, but it was still fun. :) 

We spent the early part of the day with Cody's brother.  We went to lunch and then just hung out at Ryan's house.  After that, we came home, and decided to take Remy to the dog park.  I like to take her there, because it gives her the chance to run out some of her energy.  We went a few days ago, and all the other dogs there were so much bigger than her, she was a bit intimidated.  Today, there was a small, 13 week old puppy there that she had a great time running around and playing with.  I would like to continue taking her while the weather is still nice.  She's so tired afterwards, it's a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment