Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wasn't feeling it yesterday.

Generally, each week, my weekend is on Monday and Tuesday.  Those are the days that my husband has off, and since we work basically completely opposite schedules, I take Mondays and Tuesdays off as well, in order to spend any time with him.  So, Wednesdays are my Mondays.  It's always hard to go back to work after spending two days hanging out with my husband, going out to eat and relaxing.   So yesterday, it was back to work at 6am.  I hate my job (as I think I've stated before) so that makes it even harder to get up and go to work each morning.  Yesterday was a particularly bad day at work, so when I got home, all I wanted to do was eat my weight in ice cream and take a nap.

My husband is working a new schedule (he used to work from 10am until about 9pm, with a break at about 2:30 until 4), but now his boss has him working from about 3pm until close, which is at 11pm.  So our time together during the week is very limited.  He was home when I got home from work yesterday, so we hung out for a little bit.  When he left, I just wanted to sleep.  At that point I had talked myself out of going to the gym (my regular gym day would be today, but I'm working a weird schedule today, and thought it'd be best to skip today and go yesterday, but since I was in a terrible mood because of work, the gym was the last thing on my mind).  I slept for about an hour and a half, and after I woke up, I decided to talk myself back into going to the gym.  It took me about a half an hour, but finally I was dressed and ready to go. 

I knew I wasn't gonna spend all night at the gym, so I was just gonna do my C25K run and go home.  My original plan had been to do another day of Week 1, but once I got there, I decided to push myself and start week 2.  Week 2 consists of running for 90 seconds, and walking for 2 minutes.  And let me tell you, running for 90 seconds is NOT easy.  It made the 60 seconds that I was previously running seem easy though!  I was proud that I had decided to push myself, and that I made myself go to the gym.  I'm gonna enjoy a day off from the gym today, and push myself hard again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment