Friday, January 20, 2012

My legs are jello.

So despite the fact that I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, and had to wake up at 4am and work 8 hours, I decided that there was no excuse for me not to go to the gym after work.  I brought my gym clothes with me to work and changed there, so I really had no reason to go home.  I knew that if I went home, I would find a reason to stay there, and not go to the gym.  I really was determined to get a good workout in today. 

I had a pretty high calorie breakfast this morning.  I read on the blog Runs for Cookies a few different ways to eat oatmeal.  So this morning, I made a chocolate peanut butter cold oatmeal.  I took a 1/2 cup of quick oats, 1/2 cup of almond milk (my new favorite!), a Tablespoon of peanut butter, about a Tablespoon of Cocoa powder, and a packet of splenda. I mixed it up and let it sit in the fridge overnight.  When I tasted it last night, it tasted just like a no-bake cookie.  This morning, however, it tasted a little too bitter for my liking....I think I put too much cocoa powder in.  It was around 400 calories, so I was already starting the day high. 

I also made sure to log everything for this morning last night, so there would be no last minute guessing of what I was gonna eat at work when I'm trying to pack things up at 4am.  It made things much easier, and I knew how many calories I was gonna eat before I went to the gym. 

So at the gym today, I decided that I was gonna attempt the first day of C25K.  I was so positive that there was no way I'd get through it.  I don't run. Like, at all.  I don't think I could run down the block if I had to.  So I was nervous about starting this thing.  But I'm determined to get through the whole program, ad there is no way I'm gonna get through it if I don't start.  So, I started.

And I did it. 

I was exhausted, my legs felt like they were no longer part of my body, I didn't know how I was gonna walk for the rest of the day.  But I did it.  Now, I know it's lame that I'm so proud of this.  The first day consists of running for 60 seconds, and walking for 90 seconds, for a total of 20 minutes.  But that's more than I think I've ever run.  I wanted to stop, but I didn't.  And I finished it.  I then went on to do some weights (worked my arms today) and then did 10 minutes on the elliptical. 

Now, about 6 hours later, and I am still exhausted.  I had to take a nap (since 4 hours of sleep is really not enough to go the entire day on) and I woke up, and I almost feel sick.  My stomach was a bit upset, and every muscle in my body hurts.  Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may go again tomorrow, or I'll just wait till Sunday, since I have been basically going every other day.  I decided my weigh-in day will be Monday.  I'm hoping I will lose at least 2 lbs.  Just enough to make myself feel like I'm doing something right.  Monday is also like my Saturday, so that'll give me plenty of time to work off any extra calories I consume during my weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment