Monday, January 9, 2012

2012.

2012.

Can you believe it's 2012 already?  I'm one of those people who believes that 1999 was just a couple of years ago.  Then I realize that this year marks the 10 year anniversary of my High School graduation, and it makes me feel SO OLD.  I'm going to be 28 this year.  When did that happen?  I sure as hell don't feel that old.  Not that 28 is old, but I still feel the same as I did when I was 18.

But when I really step back and take a look at my life, it is nothing like it was when I was 18.  2012 brings me a life which I have never known - life as a wife.  Being married hasn't changed me much, to be honest.  Cody and I "moved in together" a little over a year ago.  I was used to all of his habits, good and bad, long before the wedding.  I'm glad we did it that way, too. I always thought that I would do what my parents hoped I would do, and wait until I was married to move in with a boy.  If I had waited, I don't know that I would have been able to adjust to the life as a wife as easy as I was able to.

But here I am, almost 28 years old, and a wife.  My life isn't just about me anymore.  It's about my husband, too.  I can't make decisions like I used to, because it will effect Cody, too.

It makes me feel happy, and secure to know that I have a partner in my life, who will be there for me, and share every experience with me, for the rest of my life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment