Monday, June 18, 2012

Getting past the bump in the road

I can't put my finger on why, but I've been feeling very unmotivated lately.  When I first started running/going to the gym, I didn't have any issues getting up early and going.  I generally sleep until 9, 9:30, except on Gym days, when I get up at 7.  For some reason, the last week or two, I haven't been able to pull myself out of bed as frequently.  I have managed to go at least twice in the last week, but there were two days where I set my alarm and either slept through it, or turned it off and went right back to sleep. 

I think I'm just finding myself discouraged.  I was able to get up to 8 minutes straight of running before my race, and I took a couple of weeks off of running (I was still walking, through) and now 90 seconds of running is pushing it.  I feel like, I've been running since February, I should be a little bit further!  Maybe I'm just not pushing myself far enough?  I don't know.  It's making me feel like I just am not meant to run.  I'm going to keep at it, but I just wish I'd show SOME progress, ya know?

I found a 10k app on my phone that I decided I'm going to do, it's from the same company as the 5k app I used, so we'll see.  I think I'll try to complete that, and then I'll take on the half marathon program.  I like having the app because I don't have to sit and watch the time, it will beep for me.  And until I get some kind of something like a garmin that I can program, the phone app will have to do. 

I had my weigh-in this morning.  I'm down to 247.4, which is a 2.8lb loss!  Which brings my total to 12.8lbs so far! yay! 

Well, it's my Saturday so I think I'd better get ready to go and do something.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Its ok, we all get the feeling of discouragement along the way! Just dont give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow progress is still progress! Keep up the food work! You will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you lost almost 3 pounds this week... that ROCKS! You are making your own motivation right there ;)

    ReplyDelete