Friday, June 15, 2012

Slacking.

Our weekend was a pretty fun one.  We always try to do fun things on our days off, just because we are not sit at home type people.  So monday, we went to lunch with Cody's brother.  He had to put his cat to sleep over the weekend, so we got him a nice frame to put a picture of her in it, and her collar.  And his birthday is coming up, and they're hurting for money right now, so we gave him an early birthday present and paid for the urn that they are going to put their cats ashes in.

After lunch, we went home and decided to take Remy to the beach.  There's a beach by us that will allow you to take Dogs, so we took her.  She was a bit afraid of the water, but I think she had a good time playing in the sand. We then took her to get her first ice cream cone, and she loved it!  Then we went to dinner, and came home and relaxed.



Tuesday we went down south about an hour to a small town and Remy spent her first day at a Doggie Daycare.  We spent the day shopping in all the little shops.  We mostly bought food items (Cody bought some mustard, and some spices, and we bought a cookie and a cupcake).












Then we went to a local winery and got to try some yummy wines.  We bought a bottle of my favorite Riesling, and they were having a deal on their new boxes of wine (it's not as un-classy as it used to be! haha) so we got a box of white wine.






After that, we went to a local mansion, the Felt Mansion.  It is said to be haunted, and it's super creepy so it wouldn't surprise me.  The man who built it was the man who invented the cash register. He built it as a summer home for his wife, who died before she had the chance to live in it.  It because a catholic school, and then a correctional facility, before it was abandoned for many years.  They recently (2000, I think) renovated it and it became open to the public for tours, and weddings.





Cody had to work for a little bit on Tuesday night, so I went home and took a short nap while he was working, and then we went and saw Prometheus.  It was a very good movie, so go see it!

Because we had such an early morning and late night on Tuesday, I decided to skip my run on Wednesday, and move it to Thursday morning.  I was scheduled to have Thursday and Friday as rest days, so I figured taking Wednesday and Thursday off instead wouldn't be an issue.  Well, I must have needed sleep because Wednesday night, I could not keep my eyes open.  I went to bed a little early, and ended up sleeping through my alarm Thursday morning. I guess I turned it of without even knowing it.

So I decided to do my run today, and then hopefully do it again tomorrow.  Today's run went alright....nothing to brag about.  It was 2 miles of 90 second run/90 second walk. I must have been really slacking, because 90 seconds is a LONG time it seems.  I'm running faster (5.6, where I used to run at 4.8 or 5) and I'm also running on a 1.0 include, so maybe that's why, but man it just seems like it's harder than it was.  We are doing the Color Run in August, and my goal is to be able to run the entire thing.  It's going to be HOT out, and I have a bunch of friends/family who are doing it with us, so I want to be able to run the entire thing to show that I haven't been slacking! Also, if I can't run a whole 5k by August, I'm going to either have to a)REALLY step up my game or b) rethink doing the Princess Half Marathon.  

I also have been having a hard time getting my eating back to normal.  I have issues with going way over in calories on my days off.  I am the type of person that needs a "cheat" day. Maybe not so much an entire day, but at least one meal.  On our days off, Cody and I generally do a lot of eating out. I know it's possible to stay under your calories when eating out,  but sometimes we go to restaurants where it's basically impossible to both log, and stay under.  And I'm okay with that, as long as I'm able to stay under my calorie goal throughout the week.  But for some reason this week I've had a hard time getting myself to want to count again, and eat like I should.  I tend to do this...after a few weeks of being good and losing some weight, for some reason I just decide I don't want to do it anymore, so I stop.  I am working hard to get over this hump but for some reason I'm just losing the motivation.  I need something to get me excited again. 

I had a bit of a binge last night.  I wasn't going to write about it, but I think that writing about it to you guys will help keep me accountable for it.  I had a TERRIBLE night at work.  Cody and I went to lunch at a local pizza place for their pizza and salad buffet. I made sure to eat a big, yummy salad, so I wouldn't eat so much pizza.  I made sure to log it all, and made sure to have a salad at work for Dinner (I love Salad, so it's okay).  We were suuuuuper busy at work, and I had a new girl closing with me so I basically had to do everything, people were rude, it was just an all around bad night.  And generally what I do is I eat part of my dinner at work about 4 or 5, and then the other part of my dinner when I get home from work.  Well, because we were so busy I wasn't able to make the other part of my dinner, so I was starving on my way home.  Because I was stressed, and hungry, all I wanted was McDonalds.  So, against my better judgement, I stopped and got a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, fries, and chicken nuggets.  The whole time I did it, I felt guilty about it, but at the same time, I didn't care.  I need to figure out how to make my better judgement kick the crap out of my old eating habits so that I don't do that again!

One good thing that happened so far this week though...remember that job interview I had a while back, and I was trying to decide if the 45 minute commute would be worth it?  Well, I had another interview with the same restaurant, and it turns out that the GM of the restaurant I want to work at quit, and the GM of the restaurant I would be working at is going to the one that is closer to me, and if I'm hired, would want me at that restaurant...so I'd be working at the one that is closer to me!  I hope so badly that I get the job! Unfortunately, it would mean I would have less time off with Cody, but it would mean more money, better insurance, and a great opportunity!  YAY!

1 comment:

  1. So I have an anti binge trick that works wonders but takes a little pre-planning. Here's how it works. If you are like me, when you are upset, happy, emotional, frustrated, whatever... you get comfort from food. My brain tells me that I have to have it and that the huge calorie load will make me feel so much better. And in some senses my brain is right (binging is satisfying - somewhat). But what my brain really "means" to say is you need to have something to make you feel better and I am the one who inserts huge calorie load because it is the only thing I can think of that I can have. That right there is the answer... See, it is acceptable to eat where it is not always acceptable to splurge in other areas. Eating is cheap. Eating is easily hide-able. Eating is... whatever. So here is what you do. Sit down with your hubby and decide what you can have INSTEAD of eating that is totally acceptable. Agree on something, but it has to be something that would be worth not binging for. It might be a nail polish or a new pair of socks or book or app for your phone. But you have to know that you can have it whenever you get the urge to binge instead of food. The amazing thing that happens is that you start to realize that the world is bigger and that there are more things to be enjoyed than just food. I remember crying thinking that I "couldn't" stuff myself with Arby's fish sandwiches because I was on a silly diet. Now I realize that there are lots of fun things that I deserve even more than fish sandwiches and I can stay on track with my diet at the same time... which is fantastic. The brain is an interesting thing and what we think it is asking for when we stuff ourselves... it actually just some pleasure. Talk to your husband and figure out another place to find it that will work with your budget. This really does work! I can explain more about this idea if you are curious... I should really blog about it sometime and not just blow up your comment section! Sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete