Friday, June 1, 2012

More about me!

First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you that read my blog....I have over 2,000 page views! When I started writing, I was happy that I had 20 page views, so having over 2,000 seems like SO many! So thank you to all of you who have been reading, and giving me such great encouragement and advice! :)

I had plans on going to the gym this morning, but that got thrown out the window when I got a call from Sallie Mae, who I have my student loans from.  Apparently, I have two student loans out, instead of the one I knew about, and I am almost 2 months past due on payments.  So, we owe almost $800 more than we thought, which will make my student loan payments over $500 a month.  I don't remember taking out as much money as they say I did, but apparently I did, and there's nothing I can do about anymore, but what I don't understand is how they expect someone who is just out of college, to be able to afford over $500 a month, plus being able to live, on the income that someone gets fresh out of college.  Luckily my husband makes enough so that it shouldn't be TOO much of an issue...it just is going to put some of our plans on hold. Hopefully it doesn't put our plans of having babies next year on hold, though! 

I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow and Saturday, and then taking Sunday off before starting my Half Marathon training!  I think for now, I'm going to follow the plan that I posted earlier, but if for some reason I can't do it, then I'll tweak it to find something that works better for me.

So Brigid at Babbling Bridge kinda sorta tagged me in her post (not personally by name, but since I follow her, she is forcing me to do this...lol just kidding).  And I'm totally going to steal her idea, and say that I am just going to tag all of you that follow/read my blog! I want to get to know each and every one of you, so you all HAVE to do this! So, TAG YOU'RE IT!!! :)

Here are the rules:

Each person must post 11 random things about themselves.
Answer the questions that the person that tagged you posted.
Create 11 new questions for the people that you tag.
Pick 11 new people to tag, link them on your post, and go to their page and tell them they've been tagged.  No tag backs!! (Unless you cheated like me, and tag all of your readers hehe)

So, here are 11 random, and probably uninteresting, things about me!

  • I have my toenails painted, all thSome e time.  I don't remember the last time that I went without having my toenails painted.  Right now, they are purple, with a blue crackle paint over top.  
  • My name (Karen) is the name that my mom used to pretend to be named when she played house with her best friend.  Even though that is kind of a cute story, I get jealous that my sisters name (her middle name, Evelyn) is one of my grandmothers names.  
  • I am a Culinary School graduate.  And even though I attended 5 years (yes, it took me 5 years to do my bachelors degree, don't judge!), I can't cook at all.  I got a management degree, and I hope that one day my husband and I get to own a restaurant together.
  • I used to work at Walt Disney World.  I did the College Program when I was 18, and worked at Pirates of the Caribbean, and then moved back when I was 20 and worked at DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney.  I moved back home when I was 21, because I thought I wanted to go back to school.  Working at Disney was one of the greatest things that I have done, and I so badly want to move back down to Florida and work there again.  
  • I think that I have an obsessive personality.  When I like something, I REALLY like something.  Boybands (Hanson, and yes I still like them...again, DON'T JUDGE!), Disney, Twilight, and Greys Anatomy are just a few of the things that I find myself liking just a litttttttle too much. 
  • I am so, so, so incredibly in love with my husband.  We have only been married about 9 months, but I don't know what I did in my life without him.  He's literally my best friend. I could spend every waking moment with him, and not get tired of him. My best days are the days that I get to spend the entire day with him.
  • My dream career path always seems to be changing.  When I was young, I wanted to be a 911 operator, and then I wanted to be a Wedding Planner, right now I kind of want to stay in the Food industry, and I find myself more and more every day wanting to be an Early Elementary School teacher.
  • My favorite movie of all time is Love Actually. I think I could watch that movie every day (again, obsessive personality).   Some other random favorite movies include Free Willy, The Lion King, and Now and Then.  
  • I drink more coffee than most people. I love coffee, just about every kind, prepared any way.
  • I don't think that I will ever consider myself a runner, even if I run a marathon.  
  • I have tried out for The Biggest Loser at open casting calls 3 times, and twice have gotten a call back for an on camera interview with casting directors.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to try out again for the next season.  
 Here are Brigid's Questions!

-How often do you wash your hair?  Haha...not often enough.  I have curly hair, and if it's washed every day, it dries out.  But I'm lazy, so it's generally every 3-4 days. Gross, I know.
-Do you prefer sweets or salty snacks? Salty, for sure.  I only crave sweets once in a while. I always prefer savory foods, which is why Chips and Salsa is my FAVORITE snack.
-If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what would it be? I like 27; I got married, graduated college, and bought a house.  Seems to be a fantastic age.  :)
-Where's the coolest place you've ever been? Or want to go? I went to Riviera Maya a few years ago for a wedding, and we went swimming in a cave. It was the coolest thing ever, the water was so clear, and clean.
-Could you live w/out your cell phone? I could....It would take some getting used to, but I could.  I'd probably be a lot less stressed!
-What movie could you watch over and over again? Like I said before, Love Actually. It's so good, romantic, funny, sad, happy....such a great movie.
-Have you ever been on a cruise? What's it like?! I have been on a cruise, but it was a long time ago.  I was 14, and I was too cool to hang out with my parents, but too shy to hang out with the kids my age that were on the ship.  I also got sun poisoning.  I would like to go again now that I'm grown up, and can drink. :)
-Cats or dogs? I used to think Cats, but I looove my puppy. So I say, both!
-Do you believe in soul mates? Absolutely.  I married mine.
-If you didn't need money, what would you do for the rest of your life? Be a mom.  And work part time at Disney. Seriously, I'd do that shit for free.
-What's your biggest pet peeve? People who always try to "one up" you.  Don't act like you are better than me because you did something, or saw something, because chances are, I have also seen or done something just as cool, if not cooler. 

My Questions!

-What is your dream job?
-What is your favorite tv show?
-What is the one thing that you wish you could stop doing? 
-What is your favorite color?
-Do you like to go out, or are you more of a homebody?
-What is the one food item that you can't say no to?
-Have you ever been in the hospital?  What for? How long?
-Do you want to have children?  If you already have children, do you want more?
-If you could accomplish one thing from your bucket list before 2012 is over, what would it be?
-Do you think the world is going to end in December?
-Have you entered my contest to win a bondiband armband yet?

I had to throw that last one in there....just a reminder, the giveaway has started! You have until June 10 to enter, so hurry up and do it!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post ; )

    I could probably watch Love Actually on repeat, too. Such a great movie!

    ReplyDelete