Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 2

Today is Monday, which means it's weigh in day! I got up and got right on the scale, and I am down 4.2lbs, which means I've lost a total of 10lbs!! YAY ME!!  I'm super excited, I don't think I've ever been able to make it this long, so I'm super proud. 

Todays run was only okay. I accidentally slept in on Saturday when I was supposed to do the last day of week 1 (which is technically week 2 of my training, since I skipped the first week), so today I started on week 2.  It's just 90 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, but or some reason it was super hard!  I was able to do the full 90 seconds for the first mile, but the second mile, I had to cut it short and only did 60 second runs.  I don't know why it's always so hot in the cardio room at the YMCA but geeeeeez...it makes me sweat SO MUCH.  I think that may be part of the reason I got tired.....who knows.  I'm for sure not skipping any runs this time.  I'm supposed to take Thursday and Friday off, but I may end up running one of those days.  Depends on how I'm feeling, I guess.

Today was a pretty fun day.  It was our day off, so we went and had lunch with his brother, and then came home so we could pick up Remy, and brought her to the dog beach.  It was her first time at the beach, and even though she was by the water at the campground last week, I think the size of the lake scared her (we live right on Lake Michigan, so the beach is HUGE) and the waves were loud.  She was more interested in playing with the other dogs than playing in the water.

Which is a good thing, because tomorrow we are going down south to a cute little town that has a bunch of cool shops and restaurants, and we're going to drop Remy off at a Doggie Daycare down there.  We have a daycare around here that we want to bring her to, but it's really expensive, and we aren't sure how she's gonna do.  The one we're taking her to tomorrow will give us her first day for free, so we figured this would be a good opportunity to see how she does, before paying to take her somewhere.

Okay, time for bed! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weightloss. That is amazing for only 2 weeks. It gives me hope. I just started my program and will be weighing in tomorrow. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete