Saturday, June 23, 2012

Nothing Going On

Sorry I've been really lacking in updates.  There isn't much going on to talk about though! 

This week I started my 10k training. It's basically the c25k program that extends to a 10k, and I decided to just start the whole program over.  So this week it was 60 second run, 90 second walk.  Pretty easy.  I wasn't supposed to run until today, but I did my third run yesterday because there is a big run going on here today, and my gym is kind of the center of it all, making it impossible to get to.  I am kinda sad I didn't sign up for the race.  I was nervous because I thought they only did a 15k, and I wasn't ready for that, and I thought it would be wayyyy too hot, and today it ended up being much cooler than it's been. There's another run happening in a month that I'm planning on doing.  And there's a 5k in October that I'm looking at doing, which is one that you can run with your dog! I'm gonna have to start bringing Remy out for runs with me so she can get used to running on her leash. 

Other than that, nothing exciting is happening.  I've been kinda hating my job lately.  I am waiting patiently not so patiently for an email from the company that I interviewed with.  Because of the change of management at the two different restaurants, I'm sure they're just busy trying to figure everything out.  But I wish I knew what was happening!  If they aren't considering me for the job anymore, then I wish I'd know so I can start looking for something else.  

So, my dreams of running the Princess Half Marathon may be coming to a halt.  The whole plan around the race was that we were going to rent a van, and drive down on Thursday night-Friday night, and then do the race on Sunday, and then spend the rest of the week playing at the parks/going to Universal/relaxing, and leave Orlando the following Saturday and get home on Sunday.  My parents, and my sister and her friend were coming too, so it would be like a big family vacation.  Well, my parents are running into some financial things that are costing them way too much (a new driveway, my sisters hospital bills from when she was in the hospital around Christmas), and they aren't sure if they're going to be able to afford the trip.  We're doing all we can to make sure that we make it very inexpensive (which is why we are driving, and we're renting a house instead of staying on property).

Cody and I have been talking about going down one year for the Food and Wine Festival in October, and so something that Cody suggested is that maybe, him and I go in October for a few days, and then we postpone our family vacation until Fall 2013.  I think we will be able to go in October, regardless of if we end up going in February, or if we postpone it to the fall.  I hope we don't have to postpone, just because I REALLY want to do the half marathon!!  Plus, we decided that after the Half Marathon, we would start trying to get pregnant.  If we wait until the fall to go to Florida, that will push our baby plans farther back, which will make me kind of sad! 

Either way, I'm excited about the possibility of going in October! I miss WDW!

1 comment:

  1. Great job starting the 10k program. And I'm sorry to hear about having to postpone! But happy to hear about the possibility of a baby!

    ReplyDelete