Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sooner or Later....

.....I'm going to write a post about how great my workout was, and how awesome I did with logging my food. 

But today isn't going to be that day.

I'm just going to cut to the chase here....I ate crappy.  Monday and Tuesday, I basically ate nothing but crap.  I am struggling with wrapping my mind around the fact that a day off of work doesn't mean a day off of being healthy. 

Monday morning, I had planned on running.  I don't have any other excuses as to why I didn't run, other than the fact that I have missed my husband and didn't want to leave him.  Lame, I know, but he's been working weird hours so we haven't seen each other much. 

So after sleeping in, we spent the day just hanging out.  We went out to dinner with Cody's brother for his birthday, and then went to Target.  After we shopped, we went to the Drive-In to see Brave.  While there, I ate wayyy too much food.  Popcorn, pretzels, chocolate, chips....I don't know what was wrong with me. 

The next day, I had a stomach ache from all the crappy food, so that was my excuse as to why I didn't go run.  I don't know why I didn't take that as a hint, because Tuesday was spent with more junk.  We took Remy to a local dog park/daycare.  In order for them to take her for a day for daycare, or boarding, they need to go through a test, to check and see if the dog is well behaved enough to go.  She, of course, passed with flying colors.  This place is awesome, because not only do they have nature trails, fenced in areas for small and big dogs, 2 ponds for dogs to swim in, but they also have agility courses, daycare, boarding, grooming, and training.  It's kind of expensive ($10 to take your dog through the parks/trails/ponds, and $25 a day for daycare), but totally worth it.  We took Remy through the trails, and she went swimming for the first time.  French Bulldogs aren't always the best swimmers, because they are top heavy, but she loved it! She was pretty scared of the water at first, but she did great, and didn't want to leave!

After we got home, we cleaned up the house a bit, and Cody mowed the lawn, and then we headed out to go see a baseball game.  I love going to the ball park, and mostly because I love beer and food.  And to add to the mix, they had $0.10 hot dogs.  I could get full on 10 hot dogs for $1! Yes, please! I didn't eat 10, but I had a few.  As well as some nachos, and ice cream, and beer.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!  It's like I was asking to gain the 13lbs I have lost back in two days. 

I was determined to get up and go this morning....but that determination wasn't awake at 7am when I had planned on going.  Because of all the junk, I had a stomach ache again.  So, instead of going to the gym, I got back in bed.  I just need to find where my motivation went, and get it back.  I wish I could bottle the feeling I have when I'm done running, and just take it every morning when I can't seem to pull myself out of bed. 

I am going to the gym tomorrow morning though.  I promise.

2 comments:

  1. It's all about balance! I know the feeling when I would rather stay home and spend time with my husband/daughter (especially when she cries when I leave) but I have to think to myself 'it will be an hour or less and then I'll be back. If I continue this road I'm on, I'll be like my dad and die young and then I won't get to spend ANY time with them!' Morbid thought, I know, but it helps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do dont give up!! We all go through these periods and I am sure this won't be the last one :)

    ReplyDelete