Sunday, July 1, 2012

Work Work Work

I sometimes feel like my life is nothing but work, sleep, and eating, and sometimes running.  And then two days a week, we have fun. 

I feel like I've had a lot of random stuff on my mind lately, and I know I should run to help clear my mind, but for some reason, running isn't really on my mind.  Well, it sort of is....the fact that I'm not doing it as much as I should be is on my mind.  But that's not really one of the top things going on in my head.

One of the things is my work.  I am still in talks with the restaurant that I used to work at for the management position.  I have been told by another one of the managers at the restaurant that he has overheard the GM and the regional manager talking, and it's looking good for me.  I got an email from the regional manager yesterday, asking if I'd be able to meet on Thursday to talk with him, but unfortunately I picked up a few hours on Thursday and Friday at a coffee shop that I used to work at, so I'll be working there from 10 until 3, and my other job from 4-10.  I'm hoping to meet with him sometime next weekend, or the week after next.  I just am nervous about the whole thing, because this will be my first "grown up" job.  I did work as an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager at a local golf club, but I didnt really do much there.  I graduated last year with my Bachelors in Food and Beverage Management, and this will be the first job I've had since I got that degree, so it feels like much more of a big deal.  I just hope that I can do it, and don't mess up.  I can't help but think of how great it will be for us if I get this job.  We'll have great insurance, I'll get paid more. It'll just be much more responsibility than I am used to. 

Also, I have been feeling weirdly lonely lately.  Not with Cody, because he's great.  But we don't have very many friends.  We both used to have a lot, but as we grew up, and work became a priority, our friends sort of fell to the side.  I don't really have many girlfriends anymore.  I was thinking tonight how I'd love to go out and have drinks, but I don't really have anyone to go do that with, besides Cody.  I guess most of the time it's not a big deal, I just don't really know how to meet new people. 

Oh well.  I'm at where I'm at for a reason, and sooner or later life will throw us another curveball, good or bad, just like we seem to get every so often. 

Have a good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment