Thursday, July 12, 2012

30 Day Shred



I decided to start doing the 30 Day Shred.  I had tried doing it before, but was SO sore from the first workout, that I couldn't even think of doing it again.  I have been feeling bad about the fact that I keep making plans to get up early and go to the gym, and not going, that I should do SOMETHING to get some workout in, if I don't end up going to the gym.  I went to the gym on Tuesday, and was going to go on Wednesday but I was so sleepy (we haven't been sleeping great, because our AC unit is making weird noises all night, keeping us up).  So I decided to do the 30DS video, and I'm glad I did! It kicked my butt, but I felt good.  I, once again, didn't get up this morning, so I just got done doing the video again.  I can't say it was easier...but I did realize something.  When my muscles are so sore, and it hurts to move, working out and warming your muscles back up really helps with the soreness! I'm sure I'll feel it again later tonight, but for now, my muscles are just tired, not sore!

I really do need to get back to running, though.  I will never be able to do the half marathon in September if I don't start running, and I HAVE to do the princess half in February.  Speaking of, registration is now open! YAY! I haven't registered yet, just because the $140 price tag is a bit too hefty for us right at the moment.  I do plan on registering within the next month or so, though!

Well, time to hit the showers, and make out a grocery list! The hubby and I have a bad habit of just going to the grocery store and buying what we think we need.  We tend to forget something every time! So we're gonna make a list this time and see how that works out.  :)

Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. The 30DS kills me everytime. I need to start back too. It usually makes me so sore that I can't do it again for a few days too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that about muscle soreness too! After my first workout with my trainer, I was spare I couldn't even sit down, but I ran the next day and my muscles felt better when running than when not! That was so crazy to me!

    ReplyDelete