Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Intentions don't make you skinny.....

My sleep has been all off the last few days, so my time at the gym has been slim to none.  I went on Tuesday and it was great, and had every intention on going yesterday and today.  But I just can't seem to make myself get out of bed.  Tuesday night, we went to bed kinda early (11:30) because it was so hot in our house.  We have an AC unit in our bedroom, but it's not big enough to cool the whole house, so the days when it's super hot out, we spend a lot of time just hanging out in the bedroom. Well, I'm still trying to finish reading the last book of the Fifty Shades series, so I was up until almost 1:30 reading.  And then Cody had a hard time getting comfortable, so he ended up putting his pillow at the foot end of the bed, which is right in front of the AC, and slept that way.  I ended up getting kicked in the face a few times during the night.  :)  So when my alarm went off at 7am, I turned it off and slept until 10. 

Last night, we decided to let our puppy sleep in our bed, and that never makes for a great nights sleep.  She generally sleeps in her crate, but we're slowly trying to get her used to being out of her crate at night, and when we're gone.  When I start working at my new job, Cody and I will basically be working 10+ hour shifts, at the same time, so I don't want her to be crated the whole time we're gone.  We're going to be having someone come over and walk her and play with her, but I'd rather not have her crated.  So she slept in our bed. She did great until about 5, which is when she woke up and started licking everything.  She has this weird habit of licking.  She'll lick the couch, she licks pillows, she licks people....she just licks.  So I woke up to this big wet spot on the sheets where she'd been licking.  So I tried to kick her back down to the end of the bed, and she started biting and wanting to play.  She ended up getting up herself and going in her crate, so I just shut the door.  5 hours was longer than she'd slept in our bed before. We're just gonna keep trying and hopefully eventually she'll be able to sleep through the whole night.

I am so excited for tomorrow.  Since my birthday is in just about two weeks, and Cody is going to have to work the whole day, we are celebrating it tomorrow.  He bought me tickets to go see the Michael Jackson Cirque Du Soleil show! I'm super excited. I'm a big Michael Jackson fan, and I  always hoped to see him in concert one day.  Obviously, I won't be able to do that now, but I'm hoping that this show is just as good!  It's in chicago, so we're going to leave here early tomorrow morning, and spend the day probably just hanging out downtown Chciago, eating somewhere cool, and going to the show at night.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment