Sunday, July 8, 2012

Recipe, and other ramblings.

So, I'm going to star t this post with a "recipe".  Melinda over at Does this scale make me look fat? is doing a thing called "Stop By Saturdays".  Each week, she will post a question, and her readers will answer it, and link it to her page so we can all learn about each other! 

This weeks question is "What is a food or recipe that you are loving right now?".  The recipe that I'm loving at this moment is my "Tortilla Soup" recipe.  It's not anything fancy, it's mostly canned goods (which means the sodium is a little high, but it's totally worth it).  It's easy to make, quick and cheap, and tastes soooo good. 

Tortilla Soup

1 Can Reduced Sodium Black Beans
1 Can Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
1 Can Vegetarian Refried Beans
1 Jar Salsa
1 Medium Sized Bag Frozen Corn

Basically, you just put everything in a pot, and cook it until the refried beans are smooth.  You can add chicken if you want, I have made it before with a crockpot salsa chicken, or sometimes I'll add green chilies in it.  The calories change depending on what type of each thing you use, but the recipe I use generally has about 190 Calories per serving. I would say the soup makes 6 servings, but I really like it so I tend to eat 2 servings at a time.  Sometimes I eat it with chips, and it's good if you add a little shredded cheese on top too.  It's so good!

Okay, onto the ramblings. 

I am so incredibly excited about the weather today. After about a week of temps in the high 90s, or 100's, it's FINALLY in the high 70s and it feels AMAZING.  We don't have AC in our house (just a little AC unit in our bedroom, not big enough to cool the whole house) so it's been about 95 degrees in the house all week.  Today it's a nice 75 and I am loving it.  Perfect timing too, because we have our days off tomorrow and Tuesday. 

Tomorrow I have another (and hopefully final!) interview at the restaurant I've been telling you guys about.  I am super nervous and excited.  I am SO ready to be done at my current job.  If for some reason I don't get this job, I am still planning on finding something else, because I can't deal with it anymore.  My manager always does what she needs to do to cover her shifts, even if that means taking some staff from my shifts (the night shifts) and leaving me short staffed.  She wanted to go away for the holiday, but instead of just figuring out the schedule before hand, she ended up taking one person from each night shift to cover her day shifts, leaving me short all week, which made things hell all week at work. 

Alright, I have some left over soup calling my name, so I'm off.  I made a plan to go to the gym at least 4 days this week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.  Ya'll hold me to that!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so honest in your blog! We need more of this. I love what you're doing!

    I saw in the post before last that you're not exercising as much as you wanted. I teach the "1% Mindset," where I help people find their own way of achieving what they're passionate about, especially when the pain and struggle set in.

    When you have a minute, stop by and say hi. I think you'll find that motivation you want. Http://CoachYourMind.com

    Have a fearless Monday,
    Dayne

    ReplyDelete