Saturday, July 14, 2012

So Frustrated.

While I really do like surprises, I don't have a lot of self control, so I tend to "try" to spoil them.  I get so impatient that I need to see what it is before it can surprise me.  It's kind of an annoying habit because I don't usually get to have the fun surprised feelings, because I already know what it is.

It's the same thing with my weight. I know you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday, but I do anyway because I don't want to be surprised on Monday for my weigh-ins.  I'd rather have an idea of what it's going to be so I'm not shocked. 

I haven't hit my target of going to the gym and working out every day this week.  BUT I have worked out more than I have the last few weeks.  I went to the gym and got a good work out in on Tuesday.  Then I did the 30 Day Shred on Wednesday and Thursday.  I took yesterday off, but plan on doing the 30DS again today.  I have been under my calorie goal just about every day, and if I have gone over, it's only been by a little bit. 

And I have gained weight.

And no, I haven't lost inches.  And I really doubt that 2 days of the 30DS would make me gain muscle weight. 

I had gotten down to 245, and then went up to 247, and now I'm at 248.  I don't know whats wrong.  It just kind of like, reassures me that my fears might be true, and that my weight loss is actually not happening.  It makes me so frustrated, and want to just stop.  Why put in the work, and watch what I eat, when nothing is going to come of it?  I just wish I knew what to do to make me lose weight.  I'm just tired of it and want to quit.  Don't worry, I'm not going to, but I just want to.  So frustrated.

5 comments:

  1. I weigh myself every day...it helps to break that dependence on the scale (I know...for some reason it has the opposite effect). Anyway, I know how frustrating it can be. However keep in mind that the scale is just a measurement...it does NOT HAVE POWER OVER YOU!

    And, sore muscles mean that your muscles are retaining lactic acid, which looks like a gain on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont stop! You can do it, check out undressed skeleton (blog) it's really keeping me motivated these days.
    http://mallorycberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband recently told me that I live and die by the scale. I also weigh daily, but only count my Monday weigh ins. Meaning if I weigh 195 on Monday, then 197 on Tuesday, it's not a true gain. If the next Monday it's 197, it's a gain... Does that make sense?

    You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooooooo glad that I am not alone with getting on the scale daily. Although sometimes its great, sometimes its not so great. I have a tendency to let the number on the scale determine how i feel about myself for the day. I like Miss Carrie Ann's note. I may have to keep reminding myself that!

    ReplyDelete