Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sunshine Blogger Award

Thanks to Mallory, she gave me a Sunshine Blogger Award! :)


She said in her blog post that my blog was an inspiration to her, which made me smile! :) I hardly see myself as an inspiration, but I'm glad that I've been an inspiration to you Mallory! Thank you so much!  You made my day. :)

Okay so there are some rules that go along with this award:
1. Include the award log either in your acceptance post or somewhere on your blog.
2. Answer 10 Questions about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 10-12 other deserving bloggers.
4. Add a link on your post to all the talented winners and comment on their page to let them know they've been deemed amazing.
5. Thank the brilliant soul that recognized your talent and bestowed this wonderful award on you...and of course link back to them as well.  

Question Time!!

1. What would you most like to change about yourself?  I'd like to be able to get out of my brain a little bit, and be more daring.  I am much better than I used to be. I used to be so shy and reserved that I didn't do anything out of my comfort zone.  While I am getting better, I wish that I could stop being so nervous about things, and do things out of my comfort zone....such as go to the Zumba class that I've been wanting to go to!

2. What is your theme song?  Oh geeeez...I'm not sure.  I think right now it would just be "The Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes. It has been inspiring me to continue to fight for what I want, and to meet my goals.

3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc., that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain.  It's actually two separate memories, but when my grandparents passed away.  My grandma died first, and then my grandpa a few years later, and each time was such a hard time for my entire family, it was hard to watch everyone in so much pain.

4.  What generation do you wish you had been a part of? The 1940's and 1950's.  Mostly because I have a crazy love for Frank Sinatra, and would have loved to be around during that time period.  Everything seems so classy, unlike now, where it's hard to find class in this generation.

5.  What was your favorite Childhood Toy?   All of my stuffed animals/dolls/etc.  I loved to play house with them.  One of my favorite pictures of me is me taking a nap, with all of my favorite dolls all lined up on a body pillow, and me sleeping, hardly on the pillow because I wanted to make sure there was enough room for my dolls.

6.  What is your favorite housecleaning chore?    Vacuuming, or Dusting.  I have this weird love of doing things where you see a result.  So dusting is fun, especially when it's really dusty, because you can see an immediate difference, where mopping, you really can't tell.  And I love to vacuum just because I like to see that all the crap that was in my carpet, is no longer there.

7.  Do you twitter?  Do I have a twitter? yes.  Do I use it? not really.  I will send a tweet from time to time, but I don't do much other than read others tweets.  And mostly, I follow famous people.  My twitter news feed is generally filled up with Kardashian tweets.

8.  Any goals? To be able to complete the 2013 Disney's Princess Half Marathon.

9.  Do you drink margaritas all the time?  No.  I don't like tequila.  I always think I do, until I have some, and then I remember that it's absolutely terrible.

10.  What's the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in? Well, I've only had two cars in my life, and I loved them both.  My husband, on the other hand, has a had a lot of cars, and when we first started dating, he was driving a Tiffany Blue Chevy Aveo.  It was terrible.

And my winners! (Even though you're all winners in my book!)

Hot Red Newlywed - She's a good friend of mine, Julia, and she's lost almost 50lbs!  Such an inspiration! Love you!!

DisneyMommi - Bethi just had a baby and she's on her way to losing 80lbs before the Princess Half Marathon!

Eating Away Ernie - I've loved reading her blog, she is doing great with the c25k program!

Fat Girl Finding Fit - Monica is doing AMAZING. She went from not running at all, to running 5 miles, and she's working her way up to a 10k!

Hello Fitness...We meet again! - Jen is a very inspirational runner, and another one doing the princess half marathon!

Minus One Hundred - Marcia has already lost 100lbs, and she's working at maintaining, and losing the last little bit!

One Hundred Eleven Pounds - Leslie is doing an amazing job at working towards her goal of losing 111 lbs.

Runs for Cookies - Katie's blog is one of the first ones that I began reading.  Very inspirational!

Because I want to - Tess is another runner who inspires me to run!  Also, she's giving away an ipod on her blog, go check it out!

Does this Scale make me look fat? - Melinda is another one that I like to read, to inspire me to work towards my goal!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award!!

    I remember reading your blog a few months ago (before I was a blogger) and I just came across it again today! We have very similar stats, I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! I am so touched and honored that you thought of me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! The only problem I have is that I'm not able to read other blogs on a regular basis and do not even read 10 blogs! :/ I really do appreciate the acknowledgement and enjoy reading your blog whenever I get the chance! Keep up the good work to reach your goals! : )

    ReplyDelete