Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sweat

Why, why, why, when it's 973 degrees outside, does my gym insist on not having the AC turned on?  It's always so dang hot in the cardio room.  I know that the hotter it is outside, the harder the AC has to work to keep the inside cool, and I also know that some people like to sweat a lot at the gym, but I'd rather not die of heat stroke when I'm running.  The good thing about it being so hot is that I am drinking my water like I should. 

My run tonight was okay.  I really, really need to pick a training program and stick to it.  I think I'm just gonna work on the Couch to 10k program.  I am finding that my progress is going backwards because I'm not consistent with running, so I'm losing stamina.  I did Week 3, Day 1 of the c210k program, and had a hard time with it.  It's a 90 second run, 90 second walk, 3 minute run, 3 minute walk, and then repeat.  I was just able to get through the first 3 minute run, but the second, I was only able to go for about 2 minutes.  I'm hoping that by the end of the week I'll be able to get through it!

2 comments:

  1. My gym had the AC on high yesterday. Although I cant really feel it when I am running. Dont get discouraged. Sometimes I feel like I am not making any progress. I think the only time I feel progress is on the treadmill because I have to keep up with it and I cant really slow down unless I hit the button and because its been so damn hot out I cannot run outside. I stepped outside at 8:15 last night and went straight to my car to the gym because it was that humid out. It was gross. Luckily I have a month still before my first 5k and I hope that the humidity level drops some so I can get in runs outside. Dont get discouraged! Just keep at it! :) Thats what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete