Monday, July 16, 2012

I love Vacations!

Okay, let me start off this post with my weigh-in.  I so appreciate all the kind, supportive words from you guys last post.  I won't quit my journey, but it gets so frustrating sometimes when you try so hard and nothing comes of it.  This weeks loss is .4 lbs.  I guess I should just be happy that it's a down number instead of an up, like last week, but I'm still just a bit disappointed.   I'm just gonna keep trucking along and hopefully the number on the scale will be lower next week.

So.....VACATION!  I may have written about this already, I'm not sure, but I'm so excited I have to write about it again.  Cody and I decided that we are gonna take a SUPER quick, 4 day trip down to Orlando for Disney's International Food and Wine Festival!  I have been down in Florida during that time, but never really gone and experienced it before.  We are taking a Monday-Thursday trip in October.  We are only going to have 2 days at the parks, because Monday and Thursday will be for traveling, but I'm still super excited! Because we are trying to make this an affordable trip, we are going to be staying at the All-Star resort (probably Music, but maybe Movies).  We got SO lucky, because they are doing Free Dining during the time we're there! YAY!  Cody explained to me last night that this trip is his trip, and the trip in February is my trip.  Therefore, I think we are going to be upgrading our free dining package.  Because we're staying at a value resort, we get the free quick service dining plan.  2 Quick Service meals and 1 snack each night we're at resort. So, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  But because we're such foodies, and Cody really wants to experience as much of the Disney food as possible, I think we're going to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan.  That includes 3 Table Service meals a night, and 2 Snacks.  If we have done our math right, it should be about $50 per person per day to upgrade.  At some of the Table Service restaurants, we could easily be spending more than $50 a person on just one meal, so it's such a good deal!  This will give us an opportunity to do things I've never done before, like some Character Breakfasts, or eat at some of the amazing restaurants in the world showcase in Epcot!  We can even use 2 of our meal credits to eat at some of the more expensive restaurants.  Cody has been looking it up online, and there was a couple who upgraded to the free dining for 2 days, and they figured out that they racked up a bill of over $700, just in meals.  They only paid $200 to upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan, just like we would, so they saved $500 in meals!  Such a good deal.

And, to top it all off, we will be going there when Hanson is playing at Epcot for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series!!! Don't judge....but Hanson is my favorite band.  I've seen them more times than I'd really like to admit (okay, okay...somewhere in the 25 range, but it's been over a period of 11 years!).  I can't even imagine getting to combine my 4 favorite things....My husband, Disney, Hanson, and food!!! 

Okay I gotta go, we're getting ready to book the trip right now! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Disney Vacations! I have to admit that I loved Hanson too back in the day... however with having kids I think I have gotten old and don't listen to much music beyond "The B-I-B-L-E" and "Deep & Wide". Gotta work on that ;) Can't wait to hear more about your fun time in FL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passing the sunshine award to you! http://wheresmrsskinny.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete