Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lose a Baby Giraffe Challenge

Bethi over at DisneyMommi is hosting a challenge, called the Lose a Baby Giraffe Challenge.


 She is challenging everyone to lose 80lbs, or the weight of a baby giraffe, by the Princess Half Marathon.  So, my first weigh in for the challenge is....

Starting Weight: 245.4
Current Weight: 247.2
Difference:  +1.8

So as you can see, I'm really rocking this challenge.  haha.  I had a decent loss the week before, that I sort of thought was a fluke, so I am really not all that worried about it.  I am gonna work HARD this week to make sure there is a loss! 

I started out this week not so great. I had plans on going to the gym on Monday morning, before my job interview.  Well, I forgot to set my alarm, and woke up with just enough time to get ready for my interview.  Yesterday was a full day, so I wasn't able to get to the gym, which bummed me out a bit. 

Today, we went to a local water park.  We bought season passes a few months ago, because our house is really close to it, so we figured we could just go for a few hours on random days if we had season passes.  We've used it enough to make it worth it, so it was a good buy. It was the only thing that kept us cool when we were having 90 and 100 degree weather!  So we decided to spend the day today just laying out, and hanging out in the lazy river.  We dropped Remy off at doggie daycare, so that she could have a full day of exercise.  We had a nice, relaxing day.  Cody had to go to work for a few hours, so I decided that was the perfect time to go to the gym. 

I had every intention of going 2 full miles, and running 1/4 mile, and walking 1/4 mile.  Well, I guess I'm just not quite ready to go that much yet, because the first 1/4 mile I ran I literally thought I'd die.  I think that I'm not used to running later at night, since I usually get up early and run.  I am not used to having a full belly, and going through a full day before getting my workout in, which made it harder.  Excuses, probably, but it was still awful.  So I ended up doing 1.5 miles, and finished off by running .10, then walking .10.  I also did 20 minutes on the elliptical.  So I got a little bit more in than usual. It felt good!  :)


2 comments:

  1. I am used to running at night, although lately the heat has been getting to me..even at 730/8 pm. One of these days I need to get up early and try a morning run. But that would mean Id have to get up at about 515 AM. blah! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do great! I can't wait until the Princess Half when we are both amazing and running ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete