Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hot Hot Hot

I wish I could say that I have been super productive in my fitness, but I haven't been.  I ran last thursday - a week ago - and haven't ran since. I had yesterday off, and got up early with every intention on going to the YMCA....but it was closed.  :(  I haven't run today because my schedule today was supposed to be all screwed up.  I decided to pick up some hours at a coffee shop that I used to work at, and so I was scheduled to work today from 10-3, and then at my other job from 4-close, but I got up and the coffee shop called and told me they didn't need me, because they were slow. Which works out nice, because we had all sorts of errands that had to be run today, and Cody wasn't too happy about having to do them alone, since they're things I usually do.  So now, our house payment won't be late, and my Stella and Remy will have their flea meds on time.  I am supposed to work tomorrow at both places too, and if I end up not having to work, I fully plan on doing some sort of exercise. 

Did everyone have a great 4th of July?  Mine, as I said, was pretty uneventful.  I had the whole day off, and had thought about going downtown with my parents to watch the fireworks, but it's been so hot lately, the thought of walking that far in the heat (we usually have to park 2-3 miles away from where we actually go to watch the fireworks) was very unappealing.  I was able to convince my friend Acacia to go to the movies with me, and we went and saw Magic Mike.  Now, I knew this movie wasn't going to win any awards anytime soon....but let me tell you, I could watch Channing Tatum dance and strip all day long.  He is HOT.   After that, we went to Cody's restaurant and had dinner.  It was nice to sit and talk with her, since I haven't seen her in a while. 

We have been miserable in my house the last few days.  With temps around 100, and no AC, it's been terrible.  The house has been around 85-88 degrees.  Luckily, we have a small AC unit in our bedroom, so we are able to get cool, but it's boring hanging out in the bedroom, so we try to handle the heat until we can't stand it, then we go to the bedroom for a few minutes to cool off.  On Monday, all I wanted was a swimming pool.  Tuesday, we decided to go to our local water park and hang out there for the day.  It was nice, because there is a lazy river, so we just hung out there for the day to try and stay cool.  It was a lot of fun, we might do it again this coming up Monday.  Temps are supposed to drop though, so hopefully we won't be so dang hot! 

So I have been looking for races to run this summer/fall.  I have the Color Run coming up in August, and then there's a 5k that you can run with your dog that I might do in October.  I heard that a bunch of people from my church are running a race on September 29.  It's a 5k and a Half Marathon....and I have been toying with the idea of running the half marathon.  Yes, I know that it's only in about 3 months.  And I know that it sounds really crazy.  But I really think that if I get myself to stick to a running plan of 3-4 times a week, I could be able to run some, and walk most.  It will give me an idea of just how far a 13.1 miles is, so I can be prepared for the princess half.  Am I crazy to think I could do this? 

I think I finally have Cody on board with the whole being healthy thing.  He said he weighed himself last weekend, and he is 25lbs heavier than his heaviest weight.  Which makes sense, because I am the heaviest I've ever been, and it's all happened since we got together.  I've gained probably 45-50lbs in the last 4 years.  He needs more of a "kick in the balls" so to speak, to make him be healthy.  We watched the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" a few months ago, and we bought a juicer after we saw it.  We have been juicing some, but not as much as we should.  He decided that for a week (probably just until Monday) he's just going to eat fruits and vegetables, and drink fruit and veggie juice.  He's not going to go completely crazy - he'll eat things like sauteed veggies and rice, or a veggie wrap, and fruit smoothies with yogurt, that kind of thing.  But no meat, no pizza (he works at a pizza restaurant, so that's what he eats a lot when he's at work), and he will start counting calories after he's done with his "fast".  I'm proud of him for taking the steps that he needs to get healthy. I do worry about him not getting enough of the other things he needs, or as many calories as he needs....but I think him eating this way is much healthier than how he has been eating.  I'll try to keep you all updated on his progress as well.  

Well, I'm off to find some breakfast, and get my errands done before I have to get ready for work.  Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. 3 months is definitely enough time to prepare for a half, especially if you go in knowing that you can walk when you need to! You should totally do it!!! It'll give you something to train for more immediately than the Princess Half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Karen! You can do the half!

    ReplyDelete