Tuesday, May 1, 2012

3.13

I decided last night that I was going to go to my moms house and run around her neighborhood instead of running up and down my road.  We had to drop off Cody's car at the mechanic, and then I dropped him off at work and I went to my moms house.  I was stalling, because I did NOT want to do this run today.  I didn't sleep well, I got up at 6am instead of 8, and only got about 5 hours of sleep.  I decided today was the day that I'd start tracking my food again (I'll go into why I stopped logging in another post later tonight).  New Month, New Beginning. 

So, I got to my moms and went outside.  I played with my phone a bit and finally figured out what I had to disconnect to make the GPS on my phone work so that I could use the mapmyrun app.  I didn't have a set path, I was just gonna run up and down the streets until I had gone the length of a 5k.  I hadn't ever gone that far, and I just wanted to see how long it felt, how I'd feel after, etc.  I knew I couldn't run the whole thing, but I did the best I could.  49 minutes later, I had gone 3.13 Miles!!!!    I am SUPER proud of myself!!  Turns out, my stupid piece of crap junky HRM is super inaccurate, because it said I only went 2.3 miles.  It had also said that it took me 20 minutes to do a mile, and turns out that's not quite right either.  Until I learn how to post a screen shot of my phone, here is my workout today:

Distance: 3.13 Miles
Time: 49:16
Average Pace: 15:45
Average Speed: 3.81

I know I went pretty slow, but I still finished much faster than I had thought.  I told my husband this morning that my goal was to do the 5k distance in less than an hour, so I'm proud of what I did.  This also means that I am under a 16 minute mile (just barely, but still!), which is the requirement for the Princess Half!!!  I still have months to train, so there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be able to do it!!! YAY ME!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. So awesome! You will get much faster by the time you do the Princess Half! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to get faster, just because I know I couldn't keep that pace up for the entire half marathon, but I'm super excited that I started out faster than I thought I would!

      Delete
  2. Great job!!! I do the jeff galloway running, where I run for a certain amount of time, then walk. I actually did that for the Princess this year, and made it safely with like 5000 people behind me. I think my average pace was right around 15:40 for the Princess. I can't run for long periods of time (so far my longest continuous run is only like 4m inutes) but with the Jeff Galloway running method, if you run one minute, then walk one minute you average 13 min/mile. If you are interested check out his information on the rundisney site.

    Great job on your 5k though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've read about it, and always wanted to try it! I am hoping to move on so that I can run the whole 5k, but to start, those are great intervals!

      Delete