Thursday, May 10, 2012

Never Again

....am I taking 9 days off of running.  Holy cow!  Todays run was so bad. 

My plan today was to do like I did last week, and try to walk/run 3.1 miles in preparation for next Saturday.  I went to my moms house, and was excited because the weather was beautiful - sunny, slight breeze, and about 55 degrees.  I started running, and felt good, and after about a half a mile, my shins started hurting.  Usually, I can run through it, but it just kept getting worse as I went.  Also, my ankles started cramping up.  By the end of the run, my ankles were hard to bend because they were so stiff.  It was the weirdest thing.  I was able to get 1.27 miles in.  Here's the breakdown:

Distance: 1.27 Miles
Duration: 21:41
Pace:17:07

Slow time, but that's because the end of the run, I had to walk because I couldn't get my ankles to do anything.  

I'm super sleepy, so I may go try to take a nap, and get some food, before work.  Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Sorry that happened! You may want to do a couple "runs" from early in the C25K program to get back into running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like that on Monday after taking a week and a half off! Never again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel your pain! I took a week off from running, and when I tried yesterday, I did more walking than running! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone says it's so hard once you stop. That's one reason I really hope I can keep going as long as possible! Hope you get back in the groove ASAP! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete