Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's getting Closer!

I guess this means it's official....

I went and picked up my race packet yesterday.  I didn't really know what to expect, but I got a tshirt, my bib, a water bottle, and then the schedule/race map.  I'm half tempted to drive the route of the race, but since it starts and ends at the high school, I'm not sure I can do that.  I'm getting more and more nervous/excited.  I think my biggest fear is making a fool of myself, and being the only adult that has to run/walk. My cousin and pastors wife are both leading the team of girls that I'll be running with, and they're both runners (my pastors wife, Tricia, ran the Princess Half this past February) and they both have been motivating me, I don't want to let them down.  I think that's the biggest reason I'm nervous - I don't want to let anyone down. 

Anyway, in other news, I went to the gym this morning.  I was going to run, but my legs are still kinda sore from yesterdays run, so I took it easy. I walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill, and then did 25 minutes on the stationary bike.  Enough to get some activity in, but not too much.  I'm going to take tomorrow off, and then I'll be all rested up for Saturday. 

Well, I'd better go.  I'm thinking about going out and gardening for a bit, and I need to nap before work tonight.  Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Oh!! That's so exciting!! I'm running (but probably mostly walking) my first 5k tomorrow and I am sooooo nervous but really excited. I totally get what you mean about most of the pressure coming from not wanting to disappoint anyone. My mom has been training like a madwoman (so proud!) and I've been really lacks about my training. I guess we just have to keep in mind that they're there to support us and want to see us do well. And you've been working so hard--it'll be wonderful! Your friends and family will NOT be disappointed! Just have fun! You SO have this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to great! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, if you have to run/walk, you wouldn't be the only one doing it! Just go out there and do the best that you can! You are doing better then all of those people sitting at home!

    tabitha @ tabadilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to do great! You will absolutely not be the only adult run/walking! I like your GOTR shirt better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Can't wait to hear all about it :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Good luck on your race! I can't wait to hear how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, EXCITING! I love hearing about everyone's races. You are amazing no matter how it turns out. Looking forward to reading your report :) CHEERS!!!

    ReplyDelete