Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Attempt #2

I went out for a run this morning, just like I said I would, and I did all 3.1 miles, just like I said I would.  :)  Here are my stats:

Distance: 3.12
Time: 51:43
Pace: 16:35
Speed: 3.62

Yes, I know I'm slow.  But I'm super sad/angry that I added 2 minutes to my time! :(  I'm gonna use the excuse that the lack of music is what slowed me down, but I know it's just because I've been slacking.  It sucks, but it's my own fault. Hopefully Saturday, I'll have enough adrenaline to push me to go a little faster.  

I'm torn about what to do tomorrow.  My original plan was to do 3.1 Miles again tomorrow, take Friday off, and then have the race on Saturday, but I'm worried about running too much, and not having enough rest time before Saturday. I want to do my absolute best on Saturday, so what would you suggest?  I'm for sure gonna run tomorrow, I'm just trying to decide if I should run a little, or run a lot....and if I should run outside, or do the treadmill.  Ideas?

I love days when I run, because that usually means I can eat more!  But I'm not going to eat back my exercise calories if I can help it today.  I went WAY over my calories yesterday (by 900!), which I had expected to, but I'm planning on not eating them back in order to make up for yesterday.  I'm hoping that I can eat really well until Memorial Day, so that I can have another "cheat" day, because I know that there will be so much food at our picnic!

EDIT: I forgot to update about my interview!  It went really well! I got interviewed by the GM, and the Kitchen Manager.  Both of them seemed to really like me (the KM said "Well, I really like you, and I'll make sure to push for you!").  The GM said I should be getting a call from the District Manager soon, because I'd have to interview with him first, too.  Luckily, I already know him, so hopefully I get a call soon, and I can interview with him, and I get the job!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! Try not to worry too much about speed. Farther before faster! I know it's very hard!

    I would take it easy tomorrow. You usually want to step back some before a race.

    Great job on the interview. Last interview I had, the girl that interviewed me told me that she liked me. I've been working for the company for almost 4 years now and have moved up a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing great! don't worry too much, just use it to improve.

    and awesome job on your interview!

    ReplyDelete