Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I love my days off.

I was so bummed yesterday about not getting the day off to hang out with the hubby.  It's not like he did anything exciting.  He visited his brother, his mom, and his grandma, then came home and watched tv until I came home.  We were busy at work, but not busy enough to really make time go by faster.  So it was kinda a blah day all around.  I was excited for today though, because we had plans to go golfing!

Unfortunately, we lost our coupon, and the golf course we had made a tee time for, was $25 a person, plus $12 for a cart, so it would have cost us $62 to golf, plus if we wanted drinks or anything, it was just gonna be too expensive.  We thought about going to the driving range, but we decided against it.  So, we went to this cute little local candy shop, where they serve the BEST ice cream, and we both got some ice cream.  Mine was called Jacked Up Tennessee Toffee.  It was made with a Jack Daniels caramel - so good! I know I went over my calories today, but I had planned on it. I'm going running tomorrow.  I'm going to try I'm going to do the 3.1 miles, just to see what my time might possibly be for Saturdays race. I'm also going to do it on Thursday, and then take Friday off to rest up for Saturday.  But more about that in a minute.  :)

So after we got ice cream, we decided to run to target.  I LOVE Target, and I can never seem to get in and out without spending too much money.  So, we ended up buying a hose, and a sprayer, an umbrella for our patio table, a cordless drill, and a dog toy for Remy.  All good stuff, but like I said, we didn't intend on buying all that! 

After Target, we went to see The Avengers. It was a good movie! I think Cody liked it more than me, but it's all good.  We saw it in 3D, which is always fun.  Then, after the movie, we went and bought a push lawn mower!  We have the rider, which is great, but it's hard to get along side of the house, or around the garden, etc.  So Cody mowed the lawn, and I pulled some weeds out of the garden.  We have so much garden space, I love it! I'm not the best gardener, so I'm still learning what is good and what isn't.  I want things to look clean though, so there was some ground cover that I THINK is weeds, but I'm not sure - I pulled it anyway haha.  All of this stuff was planted before we moved in, so it's gonna take a few summers to get to know my garden. We also have a super cute vegetable garden that I gotta get out into one day and weed out. 

So, all in all it was a good day.  I'm super not looking forward to working tomorrow, but the good news is, I work three days, and then I have Saturday off for the race!  I'm really, really nervous about the race.  I think it's finally hitting me that I'm gonna be doing this for real.  My cousin and her two daughters are running it, plus my Pastors wife, and their daughter are both running, but they're either on a GOTR team, or are a team leader, so I'm nervous that I'm not going to be able to find them. I'm worried about being late, or missing the packet pick up, or something.  AND I just found out that we can't have any sort of headphones in, and I've only run with headphones! I just bought a new armband for my phone, so I guess I'll just use it to use my apps to figure out my pace and time, since it's not a timed race.  I think during my run tomorrow, I'm just gonna put my phone in my pocket, and run, without headphones. 

I better get going, I think we're getting ready to head out to dinner.  Have a good day!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Target too! I can never leave that store without buying a whole bunch of stuff also. haha.
    I'm sure you'll do great for your race! Don't run too much this week, you don't want to be too tired for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do I buy too much at Target... I always want Starbucks too! Total diet trap there for me. Just take a deep breath and try to relax about the race. You will do great, and if you don't... you will do great the next time. Life is a big adventure and some of the chapters are learning ones. Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete