Sunday, May 27, 2012

Very Random Post

I don't really have anything good to post about today.  I am a slacker and haven't been working out like I should. I blame it on the holiday.  We're having a bunch of our family and friends over on Monday. It's the first time we'll have a big group of people over at our new house - really, it's the first time we've ever hosted a get together like this.  I'm super nervous, but excited, and so is Cody.  We made a bunch of jello shots today, and we bought WAY too much food.  I have been super tired (mostly because I've been staying up late reading filth Fifty Shades of Grey), but I think I'm just stressed.  I fully intend on getting right back to where I was after Monday! Well, actually, after Tuesday. We're going back to our local amusement park on Tuesday, because the water park will be open! I should get at least a little workout walking around the park!

So here are the random thoughts in my head tonight:
  • I'm weirdly emotional about babies.  I want a baby, badly.  But I want to be out of debt a bit first.  We're working hard at it. And I actually think we've decided to start trying after the Princess Half Marathon/Our Disney vacation.  My friend is pregnant, and she just found out today (via a cake that was pink inside!) that she's having a baby girl.  I absolutely can't wait to experience pregnancy, and being a mom.  It terrifies me in the most amazing way.  
  • I finally got my giveaway item in the mail! I plan on starting the giveaway after Memorial Day.  Get excited!
  • I have to go to court!  We had a TON of crazy issues with our last apartment.  Not necessarily the apartment complex itself, but with the residents above us.  We lived there for a year and a half. We planned on staying there for another year or two, because we weren't really financially ready to buy a house.  (We probably still weren't, but this one fell into our lap and we were able to make it work, and I'm SO glad we did!). (Also, sorry if I've explained this story before!)  The complex was a super small one, maybe about 40 total apartments.  Each building had 6 apartments, and there was one main door that was locked, and then inside were the 6 apartment doors.  The first year we lived there, we didn't have any problems.  We had older people who lived all around us, except for a younger couple with a small son and a bird above us, and the only trouble we had was that the bird was annoying as hell, but it was liveable.  Just after we got married, which was also about the time we resigned our lease, every apartment besides ours in our building was re-leased to other people.  And every single apartment was kids under the age of 25.  Now, we're both 27, so it's not like we're old grumpy people.  But at the time, we were both working STUPID hours (I had to get up at 4am for work, and Cody was working 10-12 hour days).  Our time at home was generally spent relaxing, or sleeping.  The kids right above us, the lease had 2 boys on it, but there were ALWAYS about 6 or 7 people living there.  There were beds/matresses /sleeping bags all over their apartment, and it was always a mess.  Because of all the people living there, they were CONSTANTLY noisy.  Like, screaming, stomping, running, slamming doors, etc.  There was a few times I was afraid they were going to fall through my ceiling. We even had some things fall off my shelves because they stomped on the floor so hard. The main door was always propped open (I'm assuming so that they didn't have to buzz their friends in), and this was a security concern for me, because I had no idea who was coming in and out of the building.  Because they constantly had people over, our reserved parking spot was always taken, leaving me with no where to park, because all of the visitor parking spots were taken up, too.  They'd also park in the grass, which was where we were supposed to take dogs to use the bathroom.  There was blood smeared on the main door - why, I have no idea, but it was there and it was gross.  There was a lot of other random stuff (cops were involved in some of the things!) that also happened, and we finally had enough,  so we decided to break our lease, which is when we bought the house.  Apparently other people (and some people in other buildings) that complained, and they finally decided to evict the kids upstairs.  Well, they're apparently fighting the eviction, and the apartment complex asked us if we'd testify if need be, and we said yes.  So we got a letter today with a court date, so it looks like we're going. I've never been in a court room, so I'm really nervous!
  • This is really, really random, but I was watching Beauty and the Beast today, and I'm curious, why is it that in the parks, you can meet the Beast, but in the movie, he turned back into a prince? How do you explain that to a little kid?
Alright everyone, I'm headed to bed. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, baby fever! I know that sickness myself! I used to cry all the time because it felt like everyone had a baby but me (which was not true). I have a 2 year old daughter and now all of my other friends are on to baby number two. I'm good with one! Kids are expensive (particularly daycare). Maybe when Elliott goes to Kindergarten I'll think about another one, but probably not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are awesome! I wholly endorse having them :) P.S. We plan to have another sibling for this baby after the race so we could be pregnant together!

    ReplyDelete