Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home!

We just got home from Chicago, and let me say, while I love being on vacation, I LOVE coming to my own house!  It feels so good to be home.  I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  I think that's the hardest thing about vacations.  They have to end, and you have to go back to the real world.  :(  I'm starting my day off right though, by going for another 3.1 mile run/walk!

My first 5k is in 10 days, and I haven't actually ran in over a week.  I did go on the treadmill for a little bit, but no running. I dont know why I've been slacking lately.  It's kinda bumming me out.  So I'm determined to make the next 10 days count, and try to cut my 5k time down to less than 47 minutes.  My first 5k that I did on my own was 49 minutes, and I'd like to try to make it in under 45 for the race.  The problem is, the race isn't timed, so I'm going to have to go by whatever my mapmyrun app says.

Speaking of, I am having the hardest time trying to find an armband for the race.  I would like an armband for my phone. Since I don't have an iphone, and my droid phone is pretty big, it's not easy.  They all are just a tad too small.  I found one on amazon I'm going to try, I'm just hoping that I can get it in time for the race, so that I can run with it a couples times before next Saturday!

I should get going, my husband is mowing the lawn (first time using his new riding lawn mower, and he was so excited to use it, that it was the first thing he did when we got home, was go outside, start it up, and start mowing the lawn) and I think we may try to fit in a movie when he's done.  We want to go see the Avengers movie, because his brother has talked it up so much that Cody thinks it's going to be his new favorite movie.  :)  I can't wait to post and let you all know how my run goes tomorrow!

EDIT: I forgot! I got a call on Monday afternoon from one of my old employers, where I got my start in restaurants. It's a chain restaurant (if I get the job, I'll tell ya'll who it is :) ), and it's the restaurant where my husband and I met.  Well, apparently my husband was talking with the District Manager and he mentioned that the restaurant I used to work at needed another manager.  Well, I got a call on Monday and they want to interview me!  A management position there would mean SO much to us, just because I'd get paid salary, so we'd have a much more steady income, and I'd get two weeks paid vacation, as well as free insurance for both Cody and I!  So everyone say a little prayer around 9am on Saturday that I do well! 

Also, another edit, Cody thinks he already broke the lawnmower.  We have a lot of hills, and he was going sideways on a hill, and the mower won't switch gears.  He's gonna have the guy across the street look at it tomorrow. Hopefully it's not broken!  But, when he was mowing the lawn, he said he heard something.  He called me in the back yard, and when he looked in the ground, this is what he saw:

 It's a turtle shell!  We weren't sure if the turtle was alive, or even in the shell, so Cody took a shovel to try to move it.

Sure enough, there was a turtle in there!

We have a lot of water behind our house, but it's pretty far down a hill, so this little guy would have had to travel a long ways to bury himself in our yard.  We put it back by the hill, and we're hoping he finds his way home!

Does anyone know anything about turtles?  And why it would bury itself in our grass?

4 comments:

  1. I need a band for my phone too!!! I was just thinking that earlier when I was on my walk because I installed run keeper and held that stupid thing in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the interview! Not sure why the turtle would bury himself...to keep cool? Protection? That's all I got...glad you had fun in Chicago and you'll do great prepping for your 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bondi Bands make an armband that is pretty simple, but should work for any phone. I haven't tried it, but I love their headbands (www.bondiband.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a band on eBay that I really like. I smiled when I read about your hubby and his mower. When we first got ours I couldn't get my hubby off of it and I was was not allowed to mow. :) worked for me lol. Good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete