Thursday, April 12, 2012

Moving Sucks

I forgot how much I hate packing.  I'm weird when it comes to packing up stuff. I wanna keep EVERYTHING out until the last minute. I hate taking pictures off the wall, because I dont want the apartment to look bare for the last few days we're here. I don't wanna bring any food over, because we may wanna eat it. If I pack the cups, we're gonna need to drink out of the cups.  My husband is just the opposite. He wants to pack up any tiny thing he can, so it can get moved over. I appreciate that, because come our two days off, I'm gonna be pissed that there isn't more packed up, but I hate doing it.  Especially when I know that I have to work later that night, because all I wanna do is relax for the morning.

I got some new shoes!  They aren't the Asics I was looking at, and they aren't the Brooks ones from the store.  I had decided that I was just gonna buy the Asics and try them out. I had bought a pair of shoes at Payless that I hated, and planned on returning. I figured I'd just use that money to buy the Asics, and it was basically like I wasn't spending any money on them, since I had already spent the money on the Payless shoes.  Well, I went to the store, and they weren't there anymore. (The Asics were on clearance, and the only ones they had on clearance when I went back were a size 7, and I'm an  8.5-9) I was super bummed, but I got looking at another pair of Asics that I liked, and were on sale.  I tried them on and they were also tight, but I figured, just as I had with the clearance Asics, that I'd be able to break them in and they'd stretch out from wear.  Well, as I was trying them on, I was looking at reviews online on my phone, and pretty much everyone said they ran tight, and they weren't the greatest shoes.  So, I was planning on just going without, but I was looking around a little bit more and found a pair of Reeboks that were also on sale.  I looked up the reviews online as I tried them on.  They fit soo much better than the Asics. They weren't nearly as tight, and seemed to have just as much cushion as the Asics did.  The reviews online for these shoes were so much better than the Asics.  They were the same price, so I went for it and bought them.  I haven't run in them yet, but I've been wearing them all day when I am packing, and they are comfy. They're a tad bit tight, but they seem to be loosening up just from me wearing them today.  I can't wait to run in them!I still plan on getting better shoes one day, but my other shoes were just about to the end of their life, and I had to find something to replace them, so I can run my 5K in a month.


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you found some running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting new shoes... I have asics, and they are really comfy. I have never tried reebox, but my husband won't wear anything else. I hope they are comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shoes! Love the pink. Hope they feel great for running :)

    ReplyDelete