Saturday, April 21, 2012

Real Update

I promised a real update tonight, so here I am.  :)

Monday morning was very hard.  We brought Remy to the vets office for her surgery.  I had such a hard time leaving her, because I didn't wanna leave her there all night. I knew she'd wake up and be scared and hurt and I just felt bad.  We dropped her off at about 8:45, and around 11 they called and said the surgery had gotten done about an hour ago and that she was already awake, and alert, and sitting up, so she was doing great.  That made me feel better, but I really didn't feel comfortable until we picked her back up on Tuesday.  When we picked her up, you would have had no idea she had surgery the day before.  The vet said we have to try to keep her calm, limit her activity....but that's basically impossible.  I'm glad she's feeling good!

As I said before, we had our first real night in the house on Monday night.  We spent all day Monday moving all of our stuff, which really was not fun.  We didn't wanna spend the money on getting a U-Haul, so we just borrowed Cody's moms truck.  It was supposed to rain, but we really wanted to start moving stuff, so we moved the tv right away when we knew that the weather was gonna be fine.We basically were able to move everything over to the house on Monday.  Tuesday we got a few more loads of stuff over.  We now are about 99% moved.  There's still some smaller stuff at the apartment, luckily we have until the first of May to get out of the apartment, so hopefully on Monday, we'll be able to get the rest of our stuff, and clean it up.

So again, because I suck, I didn't run all week.  I had my bad day on Sunday, and didn't run, and then we've been busy with moving and stuff the rest of the week, and I just haven't done it.  I decided to go today, and I had the same issues I had the other day.  I was able to run the first 8 minute interval, but the second one...I just couldn't.

I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm not progressing as fast as I should be.  I feel like I should be able to run 8 minutes twice. I have been able to get through all the other days okay, but it just keeps getting harder and harder, and I'm finding it harder and harder to get through. I really don't know how I'm going to be able to run the 20 minute run that is scheduled for Sunday.  I think I need to try Week 5 Day 2 again, because until I can run both 8 minute intervals, there is absolutely no way that I can run 20 minutes.

Does anyone else feel this way?  I feel like I'm pushing myself and pushing myself, and I still am not getting any better.  I just feel like I'm joking myself when I say that I'm trying to be a runner. Like, there is no real way that I'm going to be able to run the 5k in 4 weeks, or that I'm going to be able to run the Princess Half Marathon.

I'm sure I'll get motivated again.  I just wish it would happen soon!

5 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about not running this week. Moving is HARD WORK and I'm sure you got just as much activity, if not more so, this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep trying. If you need to repeat the 8 minute intervals... repeat them. You are your biggest critic, and if you need to walk so be it. I am training on the c25k thing as well, but I have been using jeff galloways training method (the Walk/runs) so if you need to walk for a minute in the second 8 minute interval, then walk. On the 20 minute run, maybe think about running for 10 minutes, then walking a minute, then running 6 minutes, and finishing the last 3 minutes running. Don't think of it as a huge chunk of running, break it down into smaller parts. It helps me.

    Also, don't beat your self up over not running for a week. Sometimes life gets in the way of running.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I think that I feel like walking when I'm not supposed to is cheating. I'll give it a try and hopefully i'll be able to kick w5d2's butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep trying on those 8 minute runs. You will get them. I'm stuck on week 7 so i know how you feel. I think you will be really surprised on the 20 minute run. I try to remember not to push your speed to hard, just work through it and keep you breathing under control. I find when I focus on my breathing I forgot to worry about the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will get there! It is okay to walk, it doesn't mean you are cheating! Just keep at it.

    ReplyDelete